Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 07:53 AM   #1  

Default My sister had her surgery on Tues and I want to thank you all for the prayers.

She had half of one of her lungs removed because of a choice she and many others made years ago to smoke. As I watched her lay in the hospital bed and watched her family suffer right along with her I gave a little thought to some of the choices I make daily. I stayed at her house from last Sunday to Thursday night. Even on the days we spent entirely in the hospital I tried to walk even if it was just a few trips up and down the halways. I tried to make good choices even if it was a plate of hospital veggies from the cafeteria instead of the hamburger off the grill. So, I am trying.

She had to go back in for a procedure to clear out her lungs from fliud yesterday and she isn't out of the woods yet but the surgery seems to have gone well and her prognosis is good. So, thank you all for the prayers and please keep them coming. She, her family and I all appreciate them.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:38 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I'm glad to hear the prognosis is good.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:04 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am so glad to hear things are looking good.

It's funny how we think our choices aren't affecting anyone. I even manage to convince myself sometimes that I am not even hurting me. Sometimes I ask my husband if we will ever get this whole lifestyle thing right (Usually on our way home from a really bad dinner). his answer, "YES, when one of us gets sick." I think that may be truer than I'd like to think.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:33 AM   #4  
missaprylj

You're welcome.... my prayers will certainly keep coming. -Apryl

Closed Thread