Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #1  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 324/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Falling off the wagon

Well, I did it... I fell right off. I went to Vegas and ate bad things and I gained 10 pounds. It was easy to do because even though I tried and tried, I couldn't lose anything for over a month - all I could do was maintain. Now I find it hard to get back into it. I need to lose so much more and I don't know how to jump back on that wagon - help!
Kristeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

First, forgive yourself for going on vacation and gaining. It's extremely hard to be on vacation -- especially in some place like Vegas that isn't exactly known for its healthy eating choices -- and not gain some weight. Add that to having hit a plateau right before, and it has to seem like a double whammy.

But, you've been doing great. You've already lost 74 pounds, so you know what to do. Have a recommitment ceremony where you pledge to get back on the wagon. Hokey as that sounds, it helped me with getting back on track after having gained almost 20 pounds back. Just realizing that being healthy is more important than eating a bunch of junk can spur you on. You can do this.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Most people fall off the wagon at some point, so don't feel too bad, what can set you apart from many people is getting right back on now that you are back. You CAN do it. And if you do it is quite possible you will find much of that gain is water retention and will come right back off.... even if it isn't, well you got this! You have already lost quite a bit and you can lose the rest too!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #4  
Trying my best

Thank you so much, you two. That's exactly what I needed to hear
Old 11-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #5  
diamondgeog

It was not only a vacation but Vegas. My mom used to live in Henderson so I probably visited half a dozen times over the time she was there.

I actually like Vegas and not the gambling, there is a lot to do. And I have never been on a cruise ship but Vegas seems like it is a cruise ship on land. Food everywhere, buffets everywhere, good buffets and cheap. Also non-buffets, good food and cheap, steak and lobster (real) for $10? Only in Vegas.

You've done incredible so far. I hurt my calf and couldn't do anything for a week and not allowed to run for a couple of more. It happens. You'll get back to it.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/270/170

Height: 5'9"

As someone who has fallen off the wagon, lost the wagon, lost the horse that pulled the wagon, and then denied that the wagon ever existed -- everyone does it. You have come so far, and tomorrow is a new day!
MichiganBridetoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #7  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

MichiganBrideToBe - Your post had me cracking up! That was a good one

I agree with everyone here - you have accomplished SO MUCH already so you obviously know what works best for you. I don't know anyone who hasn't gained while being on vacation, I guess it's part of enjoying yourself. I am sure that most of those 10 lbs will come right off. As far as the plateau is concerned: Change up your routine a bit. Exercise more (or try different things), eat different foods or drink a little bit more water. But most of all - be patient. You will do this!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

It may be a blessing in disguise! You may have just reignited your metabolism to start burning efficiently again by upping your calorie intake temporarily. Like Pixikat said, at least some of those 10 lbs are water weight so they're going to drop back off. Then all you have to do is lose the remainder, and once you do, you may find that plateau is no longer a problem!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #9  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I just want to say that I very much agree with Betsy that you need two things right now: (1) unconditional self-acceptance & forgiveness; and (2) a recommitment ceremony. Even if all you do is light a candle and read a few lines aloud about how you are getting back on the wagon and pulling off into the future of your weight loss journey, it really helps to do a little ceremony. Good luck!!
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #10  
Trying my best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopty View Post
MichiganBrideToBe
As far as the plateau is concerned: Change up your routine a bit. Exercise more (or try different things), eat different foods or drink a little bit more water. But most of all - be patient. You will do this!
Great advice! Thank you! and thank you again all of you. You rock!
It has been two days back on and so far so good. I dread the weekend, though. Those are the hardest to get through without going crazy.
I'm so tempted to eat bad things when I'm at home.