Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/264/175

Height: 5'7

Default I'm almost afraid!

This is the first time ice ever had any measurable weight loss. As of 3.5 weeks ago, I had lost 29lbs. I don't have a scale and I refuse to buy one, so my exact numbers only come from Dr. visits. Anyway, last night I was getting dressed for a halloween party and went to put on my strapless bra. Keep in mind that I have worn this bra countless times, but haven't for a few weeks. Once I put it on, it looked funny. I took it off and tried again on the first set of hooks, but there was still a very noticeable 'gap' that was visible through my dress.

My boobs shrunk! Now, I've never had huge boobs. The bra I was trying to wear was a 44C, and that's the size I've been in all my adult life. I know my band size has gone down, but so has the cup size. This worries me. I'm only 30ish lbs down, and I already can't fill out a C. What happens when I'm 50 or 75 or i get down to goal? I'm almost afraid to keep losing because i don't want to end up with nothing!

I've also been noticing a few other unsavory effects of my loss... The more fat I lose, the flabbier my 'bat wing' arms get, and it looks way worse than them just being big. I'm also afraid of my butt going flat and flabby.

I've always had body issues because of my weight, but even this small loss has given me even more insecurities. It's almost enough to make me want to stop what i'm doing to lose just so i can keep my assets.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any advice on how to deal?
blackinkstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #2  
Blue

S/C/G: 181.4/134.8/115

Height: 5'2 1/2"

You need to keep in mind that a "C" cup on a 40 band is significantly smaller than a "C" cup on a 44 band. All "C" means is that your breasts measure three inches larger than your ribcage. You are likely still a "C" in a bra that fits you.
BlueIsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #3  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Hey blackinkstyle! Big hugs!

There are going to be a lot of moments of panic as you lose weight. When you have a lot of weight to lose, there are going to be times when your body gets weird: especially the loose skin. The more weight you lose, the stranger things can get: some months I lose a lot in my waist, other times in my hips. But things will even out eventually ... the skin will tighten up and your measurement ratio will return to something more natural.

Bra shopping is the worst because you have two measurements that change somewhat independently of each other. BlueIsis is right, you may still be a C. And even if you aren't, after you lose a little more weight (or even if you don't) things might settle to where you are a C again. I've lost a fair amount of weight in my breasts (I think I've gone from a DD to a C), but they look fantastic and absolutely huge on my smaller frame.

As for the batwings ... that was me about ten pounds ago and I was so upset. But a lot of that is loose skin, and it will tighten back up in time. Mine still look pretty bad (in my opinion) but it's already tightened up a lot and is not nearly as odd looking as it was last month. And weight training can help: it won't tighten the skin, but building up your muscles will make you arms look fuller and more shapely. Just be glad it's winter and we will get to hide our arms in long sleeves!

As for worrying about your butt ... if it gets flat, that is something that can definitely be helped with exercise.

Weight loss is a journey and there are going to be times when we don't look quite right. I read somewhere that it can take up to two years for the skin to tighten up after a loss. There are some people who take maintenance breaks along the way to allow their skin to catch up and let their metabolism adjust. Me, I just want to get down to my target, and I'll deal with the skin when I get there. Go to the section on looking great and you will see lots of recommendations for shapewear that will help you look your best during your transformation.

Good luck!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #4  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Great advice Tefrey!
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #5  
diamondgeog

I think exercising and lots of water would help with all these issues. I am a guy. But 48. And I am doing a lot of exercising and water drinking. 50 lbs down and everything is tighter, way, then before.

Also I am going slow. Averaging between 1 to 2 lbs a week. I think if your adding muscle along with losing weight then things will look better and better. I think it is when people loose muscle instead of fat that it can end up not looking so good in some ways.