Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/146/135

Height: 5'8.5''

Default Does the cellulite go away?

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this message, but I was wondering, as you get toned and to a thin/healthy weight, does the cellulite go away (at least somewhat)?

My BMI I think might be out of the overweight category, but if you look at my body, I would still be considered overweight, because I have a very very high fat content ....which has also left me with a lot more cellulite than anyone I know I guess my body didn't handle the weight gain well, probably because I have been yo-yoing for 10 years and mainly ate high fat foods that entire time.

So, does anyone know the answer to this based on personal experience? Thanks! I really hope it does go away..because even if I lose 30 more pounds, I would never be caught dead in a bikini, which is sad.
truehappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Mine didn't go away with weight loss but it does look less noticeable when I can be bothered to exfoliate, massage, moisturize and fake tan.
Trudiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

mine does not seem to have gone away in fact i swear i have more now that i've lost the fat, which might be due to extra skin...not sure...regardless it doesn't really bother me because with clothes on, i look fine...with clothes off, only my husband sees me and he doesn't mind...and being in alaska i would never have reason to wear a bikini anyhow
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Mine went away when I started exercising. I kept switching between running and heavy lifting, mainly squats and deadlifts so I'm not sure which one helped out. I haven't done either in about 3.5 months and it's slowly starting to come back.

Also I live in Korea and have seen some tiny Korean woman with cellulite too, so it's definitely not a weight issue.

Last edited by Changergirl; 10-31-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

It affects 80-90% of ALL women, both overweight and thin. (Just google it and you'll find source after source that all give the same stats.) It has to do with hormones and genes. You might be able to reduce the appearance but it's a normal condition for almost all women, despite what women's magazines would have us believe.

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 10-31-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I definitely second the exercise suggestion, particularly weight training/toning exercises. I have seen my cellulite reduce noticeably after losing 50 lbs, however I notice the biggest difference when I consistently exercise. I was doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred for a while, and it was almost non-existent.
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote