Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 11:05 AM   #1  

Post Starting Report and Plan

So okay, I finally got up the nerve to weigh a little over a week ago...now nearly 2 months past my wedding.

Starting weight: 142.5 (I was 135 at my wedding)
Waist: 27.5"
Hips:34.5"
Butt:38.5"
Thighs:24.5"

Initial Goal weight: 132

Final Goal weight: 125

Present weight: 141.5
Waist: 26.75"
Hips: 34.5"
Butt: 38.5"
Thighs: 24.5"

I've begun keeping a little weight loss journal where I record everything that I eat and drink, as well as log in whatever exercise I do for the day. I also write down a Fitness Goal for the Day and for the Week (originally called Weight Loss Goals, but I thought Fitness Goals sounded more like the right attitude to take). And a little note to remind me to take my vitamins!

I'm trying to load up my diet with lean meats and more fish as well as more veggies and fruits. The foods on the FORBIDDEN list (i.e. because I will eat the WHOLE THING in a matter of a day or two) are Doritos, Cheese Curls (the Golden Flake kind), and fruit snacks.

As far as exercise goes, I'm walking about 3 miles a day, split into two shifts, a morning shift (where I'm trying to build up to running, or jogging at least), and evening shift with my husband. I can thank the dog for these. I'm also incorporating in Jorge Cruise's 8 Minutes In The Morning weights program, as that's usually about all I have time for after the morning walk...and that's if I jog at least one lap. I also have an anti-cellulite workout from a recent edition of Shape magazine that I try to incorporate 2 to 3 times a week. Post work, I've been throwing in 6 "Yogilates" moves that I found in Redbook, but I've just designed a full blown yoga session to focus on my hips, butt and thighs. I used to be very big into yoga before I moved and couldn't afford a gym anymore (we poor post college grads have to stick to home stuff and walking). And just so I can fit in something while I'm at work, I have a routine of what I call "copier exercises" that I do while I'm standing waiting on copies with waist bends, leg lifts, and kick backs. My co-worker Michelle is very entertained by this routine

So anyway, that is the plan and I'm now on Day 9. I went up 2 pounds on day 5 from my starting weight and have now gotten on the right track. I try the yoga routine this morning.

I'm hoping to lose 1.5 to 2 pounds a week.

So there you go.

Wish me luck! And keep your fingers crossed.

Whisky
Old 06-29-2003, 08:53 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Wow Whisky! You are very organized! Sounds like you have a great plan- good luck
Old 06-30-2003, 10:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Good luck, Whisky! Just remember, 1-2 pounds per week is A LOT when you have less than 20 lbs to lose - those last few pounds are bastions to the body - silly body, just never knows when to let go!
Old 07-01-2003, 07:07 PM   #4  

Well then my body just needs a mediator or an attorney because *I* feel that 1-2 pounds a week is perfectly reasonable. I mean it's not like I'm asking it to go away as fast as it came, am I?
Whisky
Closed Thread