Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 03:30 PM   #1  
si, si signora

Default The great journal challenge!

Well ladies, summer has set in and we're all attending functions, running around, planning vacations and enjoying ourselves.

Its easy to stay active in the summer, but we're all so busy we forget everything that we put in our mouths ~~frappucinos, soft serve, that extra boca burger, that yummy gin and tonic. (good for malaria prevention )

I am an excellent example of this.

So, how about we try and journal for three days during the week and at least one on the weekend and see if that helps us stay on track.

I have no problem journalling on line, but I have lots of trouble getting it down on paper. Strange since I use a filofax for my appts and not a palm.

So, I am going to make a concerted effort to commit my journal to a pen and paper this week!

I know of people who keep their journal in their pockets and write down things as they consume them, some post it on their refrigerators (good unless you have stainless) and some who just do it in the morning and stick to it. How do you journal and how does your journalling technique vary?

Shall we try it ladies?

lala
Old 06-25-2003, 03:33 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Yes, I''m carrying my journal in my purse. I know that when I journal, I don't eat as much.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I can totally relate to being on the go and different activities. I've had 2 weekends out of town and once again I'm out of town this weekend. Eating on the go is hard for me.

I keep my journal out on my desk while I'm at work; on the weekends I try to keep it within arm's reach so I can jot down what I'm eating. I need to work on keeping my journal up-to-date on the weekends. I have the spiral 12-week book but when I'm on the go I carry the paper journal that you can get weekly from the meeting.

I'm up for a challenge...we all know it works and we know we can see results and I'm ready to see results!
Old 06-26-2003, 06:42 PM   #4  
si, si signora

I'm going to try and keep my journal on my desk. It seems that there is where I do most of my eating.

However, it is easier for me to just cut and paste my food entries from here into a text file, I should figure out some widget to make it nice and journal like.

Rumour has it that the new journals are more like check registers...

great idea, if you are good about balancing your check book ... not in my case....

lala
Old 06-27-2003, 07:08 AM   #5  

Hi guys. I've been home for the past few days - my back went again on Tuesday . I needed to come in today to consult with my boss before she leaves on vacation, but I don't know how long I'll be able to sit. The earliest physio appointment I could get was for next Thursday.

I journal electronically using a neat little WW program that I downloaded free from the internet to my Palm. I plan my meals, write them in the journal at the start of the day and try to stick to the plan. There's also room for notes each day, a place to record your weight, etc. It's a fast and easy way to keep track if only I could get in the habit.
Old 06-27-2003, 07:37 AM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

Well, I'm journaling and it's working. I thought I had lost a couple pounds and had to get on the scale, although I usually do that only once a week. Yes, I had lost three pounds. Hooray. Thanks for the challenge, lala.
Closed Thread