Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/147

Height: 5'8"

Default Halfway there! My new lifestyle change is working! Yay!!!

I am so excited to hit my halfway point! I took some of the weight off last winter/spring then sort off fell off the wagon. But I started up being consistent and accountable 3 weeks ago and have dropped another 9 pounds. I am really proud of myself that I have committed to a whole foods (mostly vegetables, beans, nuts and some lean meat) diet and stuck with 5 days of exercise. I feel great. My skin looks amazing. I have energy. I sleep better. And in the last few days I have started to crave exercise, which is fantastic.

I attribute my weight loss in the last 3 weeks to my diet primarily. The exercise was a bonus. But since I have ridden my kitchen of processed foods, ditched the dairy and flour/starch based foods and have made vegetables the main component of all of my meals I feel amazing. And I have added green smoothies (all vegetables) and juicing to the mix too. Can't believe how great I feel and how much I crave vegetables....breakfast, lunch and dinner!

I should also mention that in previous years when I have lost weight my mindset was primarily on the exercise. I would sweat it out in the gym at least an hour a day six days a week. I would tweak my diet a bit, counting calories, but not necessarily nutrition. I could work as hard as I wanted in the gym but I would only ever lose a pound a week. Since I have turned this around (really eating quality foods and exercising 30-45 minutes 5 days a week) I have seen a consistent 2 pound a week loss. Very excited and very proud! Mexico trip in 8 weeks to celebrate my 40th birthday.....let's keep going girls!
konablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

That's awesome, congratulations
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations!!!!

Your experience mirrors mine, as well, better nutrition and a more gentle exercise routine has absolutely worked for me. As soon as I cut out junk I found I lost easily WITHOUT having to kill myself with exercise. Now I exercise for pleasure and endorphins!

Enjoy your Mexico trip, you're going to feel great during it!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 09-14-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #4  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

How exciting, congratulations
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/196/163

Height: 5'8

Congratulations, you have done an awesome job!
madelinerose94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/147

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everyone!

Mrs. Snark I can see by reading through some of your posts that we really do have similar paths in this weight loss journey. Congrats to you on making your goal and pushing yourself a bit further. I'm hoping to the same, but one step at a time! Cheers to healthy nutritious eating and exercise that we love!
konablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Well done! Wonderful job on the healthy diet and sticking with working out! Keep it up!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote