Old 09-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #1  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Default Let's hear your Medical/Health/Bloodwork Improvements from IP

I know that losing pounds and inches is health-ful ... but I am curious to hear from others, if you have seen any specific medical or health (bloodwork chemistry, etc) benefits or improvements from the IP Diet.

I have a few pretty amazing things ...

I was diabetic with blood sugar issues (being so overweight). I had a condition called the "Dawn Effect" where I would wake up with a high fasting blood sugar typically around 150 to 160. Two weeks after starting and sticking to the IP Diet. My morning wake up blood sugar fell to around 108 (almost "normal" which would be less than 100).

Also before the IP Diet, my blood sugar during a typical day would range from 120 to around 180 (peak). Two weeks after starting and sticking to the IP Diet, my blood sugar ranges from 90 to 118 or so (with NO MEDICATION!). This is probably even BELOW the normal range and very healthy. (I think "normal" is around 80 to 120 with a few spikes up to around 140 or so.)

Another improvement is in my cholesterol, which is under 200 without medication for the first time in my life. It was measured at 189 during my last blood workup a few weeks ago. I have a feeling that will continue to fall as I lose more weight.

It's interesting that even though I am still 100 pounds overweight, by being on the IP Diet, I have healthy blood for the first time in many many years. That is another fact that keeps me "on program" ... even on those days when I am not seeing a loss on my scale.

Who knows how many "healthy years" I am adding to my life with these dietary changes.

Let's hear from others ...

Last edited by Avalon1957; 09-14-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #2  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

My migraines stopped almost immediately, and that is a big deal, because they were almost debilitating....slurred speech, dizziness, vision problems and falling down!

My hot flashes are much improved, although my night sweats have returned.

I no longer need Tums every moment of the day. I used to fall asleep with one in my mouth!

If I had zero weight loss, these things alone would have made IP worth it for me.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

My BP meds have been cut in half!
drivebynotthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #4  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Dak1lls and DriveBy, great to hear of your fantastic medical/health improvements!

I wanted to add that a friend of mine cut their their blood pressure from 160/100 to 130/80 (average readings) and was able to go off their BP medication after 30 days on IP.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 09-14-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Ideal Protein

I've lost 46 pounds so far and have been able to cut my blood pressure meds in half, and get off the cholesterol pills I was taking. My doctor said that if I lose 15 more pounds she might be able to take me off of blood pressure drugs completely.
Poppycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #6  
Started IP July 2013

S/C/G: 329/265/154

Height: 5'8"

I have lost 43 pounds so far and my insulin dosing has been lowered 3 times (I talk to my doctor every two weeks.) My cholesterol medication has been cut in half and likely will be cut completely in another few months. My blood pressure has never been high but it was creeping up to the higher end of normal and now is back down to the lower end. I am also now taking my IBS medication for occasional pain only rather than maximum dose 4 times daily. All this and I am still morbidly obese...I can't wait to see how I feel when I am just obese.
garnettac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:29 AM   #7  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Within 2 weeks on IP I was able to phase off my diabetes meds (under dr's supervision). My bloodwork has never looked better, including my liver levels which have been high for a long time due to fatty liver. Also, today at the gym, I was able to run for way longer than I was able to before IP. Felt so good.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Way to go everyone!! Keep sharing!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #9  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

I have been able to reduce my meds for hypothyroidism. That is the first time ever. Also, before IP, I was taking multiple doses of ibuprofen daily for various aches and pains. Now, I take 1 or 2 doses per MONTH (and that is for TOM issues). That has to be much better for my liver.

I am really heartened to read about all of these positive effects of IP and losing weight. The other thread (IP is the worst diet in the world, huh) has really kind of shaken me, emotionally, to be honest. I feel like for the past few years, I have been going from one health concern or problem to the next. I have finally found a plan that actually works for me and that I feel relatively good on, and I would like to feel that I am doing something good for my body. While I think all weight loss plans have risk -- you are, in actuality, forcing your body to do something it does not want to do, shed weight -- I would like to believe that the net effects are positive. I mean, sometimes it's like you can't win for losing. literally.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

My endocrinologist said i had the best blood sugar numbers in his entire practice.

With all my food allergies/sensitivities - most of my symptoms are gone.

Last edited by Figgypudding; 09-16-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Figgypudding is offline   Reply With Quote