Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167

Height: 156cm

Default Please advise: Is it too much?

Hi Everyone,

I need to stay on a 1025cal per day.
Im not a tall person so i can manage that easily.

But when i reach up to 1025 rough the day, i feel like i have still eaten a lot.
Its only when i go to bed with my stomach glowling, i have the feeling that i ate what is right for me.

In other words even if im counting and i stay on track, i still feel im eating too much, it makes me scared to gain weight again.

Im i doing somethin wrong. This is an example of what i eat.

8.00: 2 slices of whole wheat bread with a little butter and chicken sausage, or two boiled eggs.

12.30: hafl a cup of rice and vegetables, sometimes veggies and chicken.

15.00: maybe a plum or a rice cake.

18.00: 1 cup Cailiflower and a bratwurst.

This all measures up to 1000Cal. But isnt it a lot to eat?

I need my tummy to growl and then i know i ate well to lose the weight.
Angelique32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

It sounds like a decent meal plan, not too much at all. Are you feeling like you absolutely must feel hungry (tummy rumblings) in order to lose weight?

It's not uncommon for me to hover between 1000-1200 calories for the day, but I am the complete opposite. I don't want to feel hungry, especially before bed time!! During the day I can manage it okay, but at night I will have a harder time falling asleep, as well as sleeping restlessly, so I actually find I lose less if I go to bed with my stomach rumbling. Remember, you do burn calories while you are sleeping, and a good night's rest can make a very big difference in how much you lose.

If you really want that empty stomach feeling before bed, perhaps try a form of intermittent fasting, where you only eat your calories between certain times of the day. Right now if your last meal is usually around 18:00, drop it down to 16:00 instead, and move the rest of your food to other times to adjust to the change. That will give your body 2 additional hours to digest, and may give you that empty tummy feeling you're looking for.

Hope this helps!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #3  
DonnaNoble Has Been Saved

S/C/G: 245/239/137

I don't think the goal is the be hungry or full. The goal is to be satisfied. It sounds like you're satisfied, which is the right place to be.
DonnaNoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #4  
100 lbs wifey

S/C/G: 140/100/fit

Height: 5ft

1000 calories? That is NOT a lot to eat. That is actually less. Your body needs a certain amount of calories just to function properly alone. I am only 152cm in height, you are just a tad taller than I am. I dont ever starve myself. I eat when my stomach starts feeling empty. When you dont eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat. Especially when you work out, you have to eat more and nourish yourself.

With that amount of calories, sure you "might" lose weight. But you will eventually gain it all back and possibly more. I did that once before. Eating too low calories and working out, did not go too well for me.

Eat what your body needs. Good luck!
FatNoMore03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167

Height: 156cm

HI, Thank you for your advise, I do get full with eating 1000Cal.

I did stop eating after 4 some days, and then im soooo hungry in the eveing I would eat something, healthy though. So I thought lets try and make the 1000 cal work for a whole day until 6.

But then thats what scares me. Not having the feeling that im hungry, means I probably ate too much. Its hard to explain. For me I think the hunger feeling gives me a good feeling emotionally of losing weight.

Im trying to fing a good balance in eating the 1025Cal and being full and being satisfied that im doing a good job losing the weight and ofcorse actually losing it with this method.

Its hard, I sometimes aks myself, why am I born this way and others so perfect with there perfect little body's
Angelique32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/135/120

Height: 5'3''

The Biggest Loser guy Bob always says to go to bed hungry....so maybe that's a good thing! I don't eat after 6:00pm and go to bed at 8:30pm and I am always hungry right before bed. Hope that helps!
Cgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 272/253/135

Height: 5'6"

I think this is more of a perception issue, not a calorie question. Like, if you eat 1000 calories with your last meal at 4:00 and go to bed at 10:00 feeling very hungry, then you feel like you have created a calorie deficit. But if you eat that same 1000 calories with your last meal at 6:00 and go to bed feeling full, then you have the illusions of having eaten a bunch of food and equate that with before you starting counting calories and went to bed full and didn't lose weight. Is this correct? Do you eat the same thing everyday? Not sure what calorie counting plan you are doing, but maybe chart not only calories in, but calories out with excercise so you can actually see the numbers?
Jenn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #8  

Height: 5'10"

I never go to bed hungry, and I've lost almost 70 pounds.
fitwayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I need my tummy to growl and then i know i ate well to lose the weight.
Huh! I am the same way. I eat a decent amount of calories (1300-1500), but the main way I regulate my intake is by feeling physical hunger. I don't wait long enough for the hunger to hurt, but usually wait until I'm a little hungry before I reach for a snack.

I find that by letting myself get a little hungry, I know I'm restricting enough to lose weight. It's an unusual feeling at first, because before I was dieting, I rarely ever felt actual hunger.

As for your original question, I think that 1000 is a little too low. Even if you're tiny. I'd say 1200 might be a little more reasonable.
xooma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #10  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

At 1025 cals a day, you cannot meet your body's nutritional needs.

It's tough to do at 1200, if you're very vigilant.

Personally I do not think anyone should ever go under 1500/day, it's just to tough to meet healthy nutritional needs, feel satisfied, and sustain long term.

While it may take a bit longer to lose it, the ultimate goal should be, to be healthy, while finding a balance of good nutrition and exercise, that you can sustain for life.

Us girls need to be mindful or our calcium intake, very important for healthy bones and to stave off osteoporosis, along with the fact that we need extra iron! Your plan is also lacking in vitamins B, C and D, iron, potassium and magnesium.

We do not need to feel hungry to trick our minds into thinking we are losing. We need to find a well balanced plan that allows us to lose and then maintain, along with keeping nutrition and a healthy body a priority.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote