Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/206/160

Height: 5'7

Default Gym, here I come

I know many people stress the need to not work out while doing alternative IP. I have a gym membership that I pay for so I do not want it to go to waste. So, I do want to work out but nothing major. I figured I would do a few weights and maybe 20 mins cardio. The last time I did the cardio, I burned 250 calories. With all this being said, I'm thinking I should add another protein shake after my workout or maybe add some more chicken to my dinner meal. My daily food log is below. Do you think adding that extra protein should do the trick?

Breakfast- Protein shake + 3 egg whites
Lunch- 4 oz protein (usually chicken, shrimp, or fish) + 2 cups veggies
Snack- Restricted Oh Yeah Protein bar
Dinner- 4 oz protein (usually chicken, shrimp, or fish) + 2 cups veggies
Snack- Protein shake

Thanks in advance for any comments
mperkows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #2  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mperkows View Post
I know many people stress the need to not work out while doing alternative IP. I have a gym membership that I pay for so I do not want it to go to waste. So, I do want to work out but nothing major. I figured I would do a few weights and maybe 20 mins cardio. The last time I did the cardio, I burned 250 calories. With all this being said, I'm thinking I should add another protein shake after my workout or maybe add some more chicken to my dinner meal. My daily food log is below. Do you think adding that extra protein should do the trick?

Breakfast- Protein shake + 3 egg whites
Lunch- 4 oz protein (usually chicken, shrimp, or fish) + 2 cups veggies
Snack- Restricted Oh Yeah Protein bar
Dinner- 4 oz protein (usually chicken, shrimp, or fish) + 2 cups veggies
Snack- Protein shake

Thanks in advance for any comments
My doctor told me to add a non restricted protein on my workout days. He encouraged me to continue working out while on the program. My workout is about an hour on the elliptical or some weight sessions with my trainer. That being said, the standard IP protocol is 3 packets. The list you gave above shows the equivalent of four packets, so I don't know if you should be adding a 5th.

I stayed away from the gym for the first month I was on the program. Started back at the gym during the last few weeks and I'm feeling great. Doesn't seem to be affecting my losses.

Good luck!
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
My doctor told me to add a non restricted protein on my workout days. He encouraged me to continue working out while on the program. My workout is about an hour on the elliptical or some weight sessions with my trainer. That being said, the standard IP protocol is 3 packets. The list you gave above shows the equivalent of four packets, so I don't know if you should be adding a 5th.

I stayed away from the gym for the first month I was on the program. Started back at the gym during the last few weeks and I'm feeling great. Doesn't seem to be affecting my losses.

Good luck!
Agree, however she listed 3 egg whites with her breakfast. Two per day seems to be the standard "freebie" so just cut one out and add an extra non-restricted.

Also, don't be discouraged if the scale goes up or doesn't move as quickly...working out will cause your muscles to retain water to repair themselves.

Go for it!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #4  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm in the same boat as you @mperkows where I've been paying for a gym membership however, for the first two week OP, I have not stepped foot inside. I'm itching to get back. My coach doesn't want me to go for another week but I think weights and light walks won't hurt me. Besides, I don't want to get out of the habit, it's important. I'm not quite sure if I'll add another packet or more protein at night - will have to consult with my coach. Good luck and hope it works out (no pun intended)!
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Reboot 2014

Height: 5' 5"

I've been walking during my 6 weeks OP and just signed up for a pilates bootcamp for 2 hours once a week. I've done it in the past, love it and want to work on stretching and looking as lean as I am feeling
berteau is offline   Reply With Quote