Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #1  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Default Stuck again

Apparently this is the way of it. I was stuck for ages, waffling around 168-169-168. Then, FINALLY I got a whoosh when ToM came to visit. Now I'm stuck at 163. For three days it's not budged. While this is far better than seeing a gain, three days of no loss is a bummer too. I love a big weight drop as much as the next person. Who doesn't love to step on the scale and see half a pound or even a pound gone basically "overnight"? But I'm even tickled with 1/10 or 2/10 of a pound. At this point it's not going to derail me or anything to be stuck again, but if it keeps going on like the 168-69 saga did, I may be in for more of a struggle.

I've been eating well, drinking plenty of water etc.

But here is a question for you all too: I posted a while back about dieting side effects, specifically digestive "back up" or slow down. I've started to notice something. Approximately every 8lbs lost or so, I get the "back up." Is that a "thing"? Or is it just me? Is it normal for the body to readjust or something, causing the issue?
I was just going to take a Phillips, but then I hesitated because a week ago I had an MRI with contrast (nothing related to weight or anything) and I want to give my liver and kidneys time to recover from eliminating the contrast without adding the magnesium to the mix. Any NURSES here who might know how long my liver/kidneys are going to be working at this? So I guess I just wait. But it's frustrating because it makes me think "No wonder you haven't lost any weight, you are literally holding on to all the food you've eaten for the last three days!"

Anyway, I guess this is mostly a lament of frustration, because like many other people, I want what I want, and I want it now. It feels like I've been working and working for this weightloss for ages now. (I totally get that there are people who've got a LOT more to lose than I do, and it takes much longer.) I know it took time to get fat, and it takes time to lose the weight.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Yay! After a sloooooow week and many days of the same weight over and over again, today it finally dropped! I'm really starting to worry though, I'm still over 12lbs from goal and I see to be getting stuck over and over...I'm worried it'll be a fight to get to 150.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #3  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Many women find that there's a monthly rhythm to their weight loss - that includes a couple weeks of holding steady and then a "whoosh" post-TOM. Look back. Is this true for you? If so, you're still doing everything right. Your body's pattern is just its pattern - there's no use in fighting it, because you won't win - so try to understand it and let that guide your expectations. You'll feel a lot better. I frequently go over two weeks without seeing a noticeable drop on the scale. That's fine; by now, I understand my patterns, and I know it's coming.

I am not a nurse, just someone with lots of health issues and a predilection for educating myself. The contrast is out of your system, and has been for several days. Water weight and stuff might take many days to flux up and down, but something like processing chemicals is a much, much quicker process. You're fine. Magnesium is a safe substance, taken correctly.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
Yay! After a sloooooow week and many days of the same weight over and over again, today it finally dropped! I'm really starting to worry though, I'm still over 12lbs from goal and I see to be getting stuck over and over...I'm worried it'll be a fight to get to 150.
ummmm 150 at your height is not a healthy weight according to the professionals, it looks like you are as thin as the lower limit.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #5  
Aloha nui loa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
ummmm 150 at your height is not a healthy weight according to the professionals, it looks like you are as thin as the lower limit.
Sadly, that is FAR from true. I am a small framed individual.
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Last edited by MauiKai; 09-03-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

MauiKai, I hate to say it, but because you are already at ideal weight and are trying to go lower than that, it will probably be a battle the whole way. I know you are used to losing more rapidly, but it's probably going to slow down now.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #7  
Aloha nui loa

I am not at the medically ideal weight for my height/frame. I am at the arbitrary "ideal" weight in a general guideline for people my height, frame size not taken into consideration. I don't expect it to fall off in a week. I am just frustrated by the weird sticking points I hit.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I get you MauiKai, it is frustrating! Hang in there!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I understand. The charts all have my ideal weight at 145, but if I were younger and didn't have to worry about wrinkles, you bet I'd be shooting for 128. And I know you don't expect it to come off in a week, but what I'm saying is the last 10 lbs is difficult for everyone, it seems to poke along more slowly for everybody, so that's probably going to be true for you now too, especially now that you are in an ideal range. As for the "back up" question, I don't have the answer to that one. I often wonder the same thing myself!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 09-03-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote