Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 06:18 AM   #1  
fatter than U

Default Ageless cows

A cow never tells her age. If I were telling I guess I'd be around 40 - the second youngest cow in the pasture. Cherry will always be our baby.

Spending the day decluttering and hating every minute but I know I will feel soooooo good when it's done, RIGHT?

Going to the neighbours for dinner tonight. They've been looking after the 2 1/2 yr. old twin granddaughters for 3 days so they'll be pretty happy for some adult company.

Hi PainterWoman - glad you came back!

Last edited by SugP; 06-20-2003 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:22 AM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

I'm glad to see Painterwoman back as well. Since she'll only post every day or two she probably won't see this question which I mean in all due respect. Is it unusual for former librarians to use the word "your" when "you're" is meant? Just wondering. Everybody makes mistakes like me .. I do .. but we expect librarians, teachers, and preachers to be so perfect.

Who is going to call and wake me up at 3 a.m. so I can get ds to the airport on time?
Old 06-20-2003, 11:51 AM   #3  

Default Bovine Maturity

Sorry about the grammatical slip, Cowpernia... I could make up a bunch of excuses... but somebody was ranting about taking responsibility, so I'll just own up!

I finally figured out how to use the CP page to get to this pasture, so perhaps I'll be back more often.

I'm 52 and feel about 28 most of the time... that was before kids, while I was at the best job I ever had, and before my 1st husband threw me a curve ball. Actually... feeling 52 is fine because I have all this new wisdom.. It's time now to face the pain in order to shed the fat that came from using food to comfort myself.

There's a new thread idea... comforting oneself without carbs.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:15 PM   #4  

Mental age vs. physical age. Hmm. Mental age would be about 18. In the mirror age - holy cow! do ya really think I'd tell????? Geez. Besides, everybody knows parts of me are younger than others. My tummy is only 2 years old, my boobs will soon be brand new. My face is ancient, but I can always start working on that next year.

One of the guys here at work has a solo flex home gym that he will sell to me for $100. If I can figure out a place to put it, I'm going to buy it. I need something to hang my clothes on. The treadmill is full.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:10 PM   #5  
Most boring housewife.

Wabby, are you ever going back to Bulges?????I feel so alone. That price is good, you couldn't get a clothes rack cheaper.

Paint, PLEASE don't mind Sissy (Cowpernia).... if anything, it should make you feel compassion for me...her MUCH younger sister. She doesn't get out much. At 52 you must know how it is to be dark and menopausal; not that your(that was a sympathy your) dark and menopausal. You are probably bright and fertile.

As you see, we don't have cohesive threads that challenge us to all contribute on the same subject. Mostly, we all come here and drone on and on about ourselves; pretty much ignoring what the last person has said.

I'll be back...have to take DS to guitar. This always makes me glad I don't live in Maine. It only takes me 10 minutes to get there.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:34 PM   #6  

Lush, I don't think I will go back to bulges. I think I may be an antisocial exerciser. I just wasn't getting good vibes there. I'm sure that if I went to a New Jersey Curves things would be different. These are all just a bunch of excuses. I'm really just lazy.

I'm sure Peaches pickiness about spelling and grammer won't keep Painterwoman away. That's part of her charm.

Did I miss where the Peachboy was going on an airplane? You let him fly when you won't even let him out on the interstate?????

I've got to go - I just realized the sunroof is open on my car and we're having a torrential downpour. EEEEEEKKKKK!!!! - and I'm back. I dried things out as good as I could.

DH is sick with a cold. It's going to be a long weekend. He's such a when he's sick. Feel sorry for me. I do.

All you lovely bovines have a good weekend!

Last edited by Wabby; 06-20-2003 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:27 PM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

Drone on and on??? Is this self-loathing your expressing?

Miss Sun Roof I certainly hope your didn't get yourself all damp getting out to the car. Who sez I don't have compassion.

I got a call on the answering machine from the landlady who says she has a buyer and he wants the house Aug. 1 so they NEED me to move out one week before that.

The date I told them was Aug. 10 closing. So I called the builder who said maybe then I called the landlady back. This buyer hasn't even been INSIDE the house. He came to the door. He was nice. Maybe not smart though.

I have a religious story now. Kiwi may logoff. This woman came into the office today to get her new business in the paper. She was quite hyper. We all gathered around her ... she was interesting ... and she told of being attacked and left for dead a few years ago. This all happened on the side of the road. She died during that attack and found herself in heaven where a young woman greeted her and identified herself as her child lost in a miscarriage. The young woman told her to look down and she saw her other daughter crying. Told her to go back.

Back on earth she saw this man about to hit her another time, then saw Jesus hold his arms toward the man, emit fire from his hands toward the man, saw the man drop the weapon and saw burn marks on his hands.

She was in a coma for a long time. Because she believes she knew was responsible for this attack, she moved away. There was more to the story but honestly, I wouldn't want to make her identifiable to anyone. Quite a story with this and beyond.

I cannot find anyone willing to call me at 3 a.m. so I can be sure to get to the airport on time. DS is going to visit his dad in Pennsylvania. I don't want to say your getting forgetful but I want to use the word your so I can be sympathetic with sissy (who always had to have the first turn in every game and then quit.)
Old 06-20-2003, 06:48 PM   #8  

OK. Now I have a story. My husband honestly believes that when he was in the 6th grade he saw a space ship almost land in the field next to his house. He doesn't talk about it to most ppl because they all roll their eyes when he does (including me).

I told you I was a heathen.

Maybe she was dreaming when she was unconscious. Maybe she had a vision. There are things we aren't meant to understand.

I'm so happy that your!!! compassionate about my wet car. My car is now dry, but I'm soaked.

What are you going to do while your DS is away?

Tell the landlady that you will move when you are good and ready. Because that is what you need.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:56 PM   #9  
Most boring housewife.

Honestly, Wabby, I'd rather have mange than have DH have a cold. Talk about someone who drones on and on.

My Bulges is pretty nice...but no one but the HS girls are getting any results. They all look cute and adorable, we parents look like bovines. My dd is going but is seeing a new orthopedic dr in two weeks who will slap her back into physical therapy for her knee which refuses to heal. Then I will be going alone and will not have a successful Curveser to justify my existence there.

You know the youngest person always goes first in Candyland. I never quit, you always snuck away the first chance you got to be with Abner, your thug boyfriend.

I think your story is amazing, Sissy. Was the daughter in human form or was she spirity? If the woman knew who did it, why couldn't she get them prosecuted? This didn't happen in Dogpatch, did it?

[C]**** WEATHER WHINE ALERT****[/C]
My boys are supposed to go on a big dirtbiking trip this weekend, and it is STILL raining. I do not live in a soggy place like Wabby, I do not deserve this.
[C]***END WEATHER WHINE ALERT***[/C]

That's all. BTW...I can't stay up past 10 anymore, let alone 3. My kids want to go to a Harry Potter party tonight, but I can't stay up that late. I'm such an old hag. Imagine how Sissy feels, she's older than I. I doubt that she'll be able to get the nephew up unless she has a hotflash wake her in the middle of the night.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:01 PM   #10  
Most boring housewife.

I'm sorry I wasn't compassionate about your car, Wabby. I was too busy with my own drone.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:09 PM   #11  

That's ok, Lush, I really was just bragging about the fact that we had enough sun here to actually have the sunroof open. This month has been sunny and warm. I think this is the first rain in several weeks. na-na-na-nah.

Hey! I want you cows to be nice to Painty. She's a mental health therapist. Some of us around her could use some advice along those lines.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:29 PM   #12  
Most boring housewife.

You're telling me.
I'm so bored. My house is clean. The dinner no one ate is cooked. I've spoken to everyone I know on the phone. I'm here. What else do I have to do? My kids are out. My husband is working on his bike, I have NOTHING to do. NOTHING. I wish I ate sugar. I'm not hungry, but if I eat sugar it turns off the "not hungry" signal and I can eat all night, even if I am full.
I haven't had free time in so many years that I don't know what to do with it. Did I ever have a hobby? I think it may have been drinking.
Wabby, it is cruel to rub in the weather thing. It has rained for ages here. The farmers have decided to skip planting because we've had so much rain that the plants are rotting in the fields.
Maybe I'll find a Bridge game on the internet. bye
Old 06-20-2003, 09:41 PM   #13  
loves kleenex box art

[list=1][*]Lush needs a new name[*]Painty is a librarian not a mental health expert[*]Although that would explain her interest in Lush's drones[*]He was prosecuted[*]Everyone prosecuted ain't convicted[*]The thing that I don't like is that if he finishes a week ahead of time that leaves me to move the weekend that I must drive to Pencilcoler to retrieve ds when he returns from his next adventure.[*]Why isn't Kiwi posting? She will side with me.[*]I suppose I forgot to ask if the dd was human or spirity. Next time I hear a story like this I will certainly inquire.[/list=1]
Old 06-21-2003, 06:42 AM   #14  
loves kleenex box art

I am so strezzessed. This is why, Lushbat, we post what we want to talk about and ignore each other. We are such good listeners. If I wanted advice, I'd go call a man.

The plane left (I hope) at 5 a.m. I got up at 3 a.m., told ds to get something to eat while I took a shower. Out of the shower, he's casually chewing. I dress. He's still chewing. I use the word "hurry" about 50 times but he d
oesn't. He seems annoyed. We finally drive away in the pitch dark and I comment that I dont' know what I'll do if he misses the plane.

We get there with plenty of t
ime. Twenty minutes. The woman with the pretty streaks in her hair tells ds that he is seven minutes late for checkin and he cannot take his bag. At all. Never. He could have brought a carryon but noooooooo he had to put all his stuff in this huge bag.

Luckily, he has a brilliant mom who forces him to pack by rolling up each tee-shirt individually with sox and undies inside and he did have a teensy backpack to carry his book in so we shoved as many teeshirts inside as possible and tha
t was that. He can do laundry during the week.

Normally, I wait in the airport til the plane leaves but I was too nervous.

The weekend that the landlady would like me to move is the weekend ds comes back from North Carolina. How is that going to work out? Wake up and answer me.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 06-21-2003 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:56 PM   #15  
loves kleenex box art

I see that this is now the unofficial "Peaches Tells All" web site. I must get ready to move.
I am now going into the pantry to put everything in there in
  • the garbage
  • in a box for GoodWill
  • in a box moving

DS called. I asked to speak to his dad (about the learners' permit of course) and got fussed at for not sending a suitcase. Snarl
Closed Thread