Old 08-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174.3/169.0/115 (-5.3)

Height: 4' 11"

Default Favorite foods/meals/recipes/etc?

I am just getting started back on WW. Last time I was able to be successful, but I remember eating a lot of the same stuff because it was familiar and easy. Hoping to not be forced into those ruts again. I only get 26 pts a day, so I need to use them wisely, but I'd like to eat something different than a turkey sandwich every day for lunch.

I browsed the recipes here, but its a little overwhelming and I don't really know exactly what I'm looking for, just some ideas.

I have also looked online and on WW for recipes, but honestly I am looking for ideas that are realistic. Sure that chef made 20 odd ingredient dish sounds good, but I don't have the skills nor the time and my kids aren't going to eat it. lol

So, anyway, what are your simple, easy low point favs? any meal or snack.
PurlQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:25 AM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

This is my favorite ever soup that was inspired by this thread here- mock potato soup with some crumbled bacon, dollop or two of nonfat plain greek yogurt or light sour cream, chives and some cheese on top of it. It also makes a great "chowder" with some grilled chicken, corn, broccoli and some cheese on top if you'd like. The only sucky thing is that it may give you the toots!

You could make "pizza" using zucchini or eggplant as the crust, homemade tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, ranch with your topping(s) of choice. Sometimes I use whole wheat tortillas or flatout/fit n' active wraps if I have the points to spare.

Chicken salad or tuna salad made with yogurt and/or olive oil mayonnaise on romaine lettuce is great. Tons of chopped celery, cukes and maybe red onions would bulk it up. Sometimes I skip chopping the celery and spread the salad on it, same thing with cukes- cut into the same shape as celery and fill it up with the salad.

Fave snacks- greek yogurt or cottage cheese with some dry ranch seasoning or garlic salt as a veggie dip (cukes, carrots, tomatoes, celery, green onions, etc.) 1-2 tbsp nut butter or pb2 to really lower points with 1/4 cup yogurt and maybe a few golden raisins or 1 tsp of honey and some cinnamon with some fruit for dipping.

Fruit/veg smoothie- 1/2 cup frozen fave fruit, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup yogurt, handful of spinach and/or carrots and enough water to blend or to your desired consistency. The banana really makes it creamy and covers up the taste. If you still find it eh, some natural unsweetened applesauce can help with that.

Last edited by amandie; 08-02-2013 at 02:30 AM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

There's a great website-skinnytaste-that I use all the time for easy meals. The best part is that the points are calculated for you! There are tons of categories to pick from (type of food, number of points, meal, method of cooking etc). She has some really yummy ideas! Even my family loves her skinny versions of fatty, bad for you food!
www.skinnytaste.com
Good luck!
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Emilybites is another good WW friendly blog.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174.3/169.0/115 (-5.3)

Height: 4' 11"

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check out those sites
PurlQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/189/135

Height: 5'4

Skinnytaste is great- I just made her grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Burgers last night. So good! Also, I just found my newest obsession- Trader Joe's Broccoli Slaw (0 points) with their Spicy peanut vinaigrette dressing mixed in. The dressing is 2 points for 2 tbsp and the slaw is so filling- It's a GREAT side dish. So good. Good luck!
KGW2005 is offline   Reply With Quote