Old 07-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #1  

Default Jillian Michaels

Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred along with Ideal Protein? Or any other intense workouts? I just wanted to see how badly that could affect it.

Thank you!
livandletgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I am not on IP, but am following a plan that very closely mirrors it. Drink an extra shake (I use EAS Carb AdvantEDGE) post work out and eat something equivalent to one egg sometime during the day and you will do fine. Don't push to the extreme she wants you to...you don't want your heart hitting the roof. And be prepared to have 3-5 days of a stall or even gain. That is water weight from the torn muscles and WILL come down, but it takes a few days. You will lose a wee bit slower, but nothing too extreme. I went from a 2.86 pound lose a week to 2.22...but I have toned up more than I ever thought possilbe, so I will take the slower loss
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #3  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I haven't done anything too intense, but I have noticed that everytime I'm really active during the week, my loss for the week isn't very good. This past week I was very active, hiking, biking, and swimming. I only lost 1.2 lbs. Which is still good, and I'll definitely take it, but it's not as high of a loss as I usually have. I've seen others post similar experiences. IP isn't meant to do with extreme exercise. It will slow down your losses. However I have seen a few posters that the slower losses were ok for them, because they felt better with the exercise. If you do it, just make sure you're adding an extra unrestricted packet after you exercise. Your body will need it for recovery.
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Exersize and IP really don't mix well! The caloric intake is way too low to add exercise in. Yes, you can add a packet post workout to help on the occasions you are more active than usual, but in many, many cases, those who do so on a regular basis slow thier losses somewhat or even considerably.

It seems to be better to hold off on the excercise and let IP do it's job for your weightloss, THEN take up the exercise later to help keep you at goal. If you aren't willing to do this, then you have to be willing to accept a slow loss over a much longer time.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #5  

i would say walking for your cardiac health is about what you want while you are on in ip phase 1....

tho ketogenic diets and exercise from some of my reading do go nicely together...ip's phase 1 is too low cal and fats perhaps as others have said to make it work out well for us.
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote