Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 10:12 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 6/16 - 6/22

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 06-16-2003, 10:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Great minds - looks like Judy and I were posting at the same time. I'll kill my thread and repost here.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:16 AM   #3  

Good morning. I'm happy to report a 1.4 pounds lost! That means just 4.5 pounds to get to my 10%. I'm going to try to get there before we go on vacation on 7/21. The weekend was so-so. I did a killer workout on Saturday and I did OK at Red Lobster with Tony and my fil but snacked a bit too that night (I don't really know why). I did OK yesterday but again, snacked a bit too much last night - late last night too. So back on the strict OP wagon today. I plan on getting in a workout at lunchtime. Krista and Anthony might be coming over to go to our town pool which Anthony just loves. I'm working but maybe I can get over there for a few minutes after work.

Have a great one!
Judy
163.6/152.2/135
4.5 pounds for my 10%
112/240 workouts
Old 06-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #4  

Hi all.

Judy - Congrats on another great loss! You'll be at 10% in no time. Sorry to hear about the snacking. Did you feel deprived at Red Lobster? I hope you're able to spend a few minutes with Anthony at the pool. It's always such an upper to see kids enjoying themselves.

I had a pretty good weekend. I could have done better at the block party. It was a good time, though. Ana had a blast, especially dancing. It was fun to watch her. I did ok yesterday. Spent a bit of the day strolling at the art fair and broiling in the sun. I ended up making Italian sausage and pasta for dinner yesterday. Probably not the most point-friendly meal, but I did pretty well with portion size. Tomorrow is lunch out with a friend, but I should be able to work it into my day without any problems.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 06-17-2003, 09:24 AM   #5  

Carla - Glad to hear you had a good weekend. I'm sure Ana was absolutely adorable dancing - it makes me smile just thinking about it! Good for you for doing well with the portion size for the Italian sausage and pasta (yum!!). Hey, that's what it's about, right? There aren't any forbidden foods - as long as you watch the portions and count the points (although it's easier said than done - I know that from experience ;-) No, I didn't feel deprived at Red Lobster - I even had some of Tony's dessert. I don't know what it was - but it's over and done with and I'm back OP.

I had an OK day yesterday - Anthony and Krista didn't come over yesterday but are planning on coming over today - unfortunately, I'm in the city today but have a dentist appt in the afternoon so I should get home a little earlier than usual. I may not make it to the pool but hopefully, they'll stay to dinner. I had an OP day yesterday including a minor victory - I really wanted to eat something, anything late last night when I was reading but I gave myself a good talking to and didn't. I told myself that having something late, when I wasn't hungry wasn't going to get me to my 10% by vacation. One step at a time!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 06-17-2003, 10:13 AM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning...

Judy, congratulations on a great loss! Way to go! Have you noticed that now you've let go of the job, the pounds are leaving with it?! Hmmmm...I think I just said something profound! Your Red Lobster dinner sounds nice. Mike and I went out for seafood on Sunday night...it was my first time NOP since rejoining, but I did pretty well too. Hope the dentist visit is just routine.

Carla, sounds like the block party was fun. I'll bet Ana had a blast. I just love how little kids let it all hang out...we could learn some lessons from them. Hope you enjoy your lunch out today.

Had a good weekend, and a pretty good day yesterday too. I'm going to pick up some Just 2 Points bars at my meeting tonight, as chocolate has started calling my name in the last couple of days. Then it will be the issue of having Just 1 Bar!

We took the dogs to the beach after work last night, and then came home and had grilled garlic-rosemary chicken thighs and greek salad and asparagus for dinner - yum. Has anyone tried the Haagen Dazs ff sorbet/frozen yogurt bars? They're delicious and 2 points. We've tried raspberry and mango - I have a slight preference for the raspberry ones.

Have a great day!
Old 06-17-2003, 11:01 AM   #7  

Karen - The Just 2 points bars are great for chocolate cravings for - it's really like having a candy bar. I find that if I eat one and be sure to drink some kind of beverage with it, it really fills me up. Probably has to do with the fiber. I know what you mean about having just one and it's a good idea to stick with just one, BUT, even if you have two, it's still less points that a regular candy bar! Double yum on that dinner!! No, I haven't tried the Haagen Dazs ff sorbet/frozen yogurt bars. Tony and I have been enjoying the WW sundae cones - also two pointa. I just wish they weren't so darn expensive. Yes, I do believe you did say something profound - I think letting go of this job is already having a lot of benefit! Yes, the dentist is just routine - a cleaning in fact.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:23 AM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning...

After all the Just 2 Points talk yesterday, I forgot to pick any up at the meeting last night. I had another good weigh in...minus 3.4 lbs. (Seemed like a 3 dancing banana loss). Have a great day...
Old 06-18-2003, 01:36 PM   #9  

Hi all.

Judy - I think Karen is on to something with the idea that ditching the job is helping you ditch the pounds. When there's light at the end of the tunnel, you don't need to comfort yourself with food. Good for you for forgoing the late night snack the other night. I like the WW Sundae Cones too, as well as the Skinny Cow ice-cream sandwiches and the Klondike Slim-a-bear ice cream sandwiches. I wait until they go on sale, though, to buy them. I picked up the Slimfast Ice Cream Sandwiches the other day, but they're not doing it for me.

Karen - Congrats on another great loss! You are on a roll!! Thanks for the tip on those Hagen Das bars - I think I'll try them. Your dinner the other night sounds good. Lunch yesterday was very good. I had a great salad with grilled chicken, oranges, strawberries and just enough pecans and bleu cheese to add some interest. I couldn't finish it. Funny how just a bit of chicken in the salad makes it so much more filling.

I had bad news/good news on the scale this morning. The bad news was I was up .02 from a couple of weeks ago. The good news is I had been up higher during my sneak peeks but managed to flush it all out. Now it's time to try to work on the issues that keep me doing a half-a$$ed job at this. I've had good days, but haven't been journaling, measuring, etc. So, back to basics. Of course, we're leaving on vacation in a week and a half, so that makes it a bit harder. But I'm determined to bring my food guide, etc. and write it all down. The good things is that we'll be with my sister and her family and she does WW too and is much more disciplined about it, so she'll be setting a good example. And the food police will be there too, in the guise of my mother. I'm packing my walking shoes, since there are trails near the resort at which we're staying and I plan on getting some walking in every day.

I'm increasing my goal by 10 pounds. Once I get there, if I feel I want to take off more, I will, but I don't want to feel like a failure if it's too much of a struggle to get to 140.

Have a great day.

Carla
279/279/150
Old 06-18-2003, 05:46 PM   #10  

Karen - wow!!! Another great loss. You are really on a roll. Here's a suggestion - put a note in your WW book where they record your weight to get a Just 2 points package.

Carla - Well I'm sorry to hear about the little gain but glad that it was much better than your sneak peeks. I'm glad to hear about your committment to getting back to basics and stopping doing this hal a$$ed - that's sort of what I feel I've been doing in the last couple of weeks and yes, dealing with the "life" issues helps but sticking to the "letter of the law" about the journaling, water, point ranges etc., does work. I *KNOW* we can do this. I think it's a great idea to take the program stuff with you on vacation and I think it's fantastic that you'll be with your sister who is more disciplined about it. I think that will be double the motivation - I know when my step daughter was following WW she kept me in line when we ordered in Chinese (she seems to be off now). Double fantastic about bringing your walking shoes. Where is the resort again?

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I was in the city so I didn't work out when I got home. I got to spend a little time with Anthony before he totally conked out (he was outside running around all day). Today has been a tough one. I decided that I was going to telecommute today - just couldn't get myself into the city 'cause I wanted to call into a late meeting instead of being there. My boss gave me grief this morning and I sort of had a knock down drag out. I didn't want that to happen but I'm so tired of his cr*p - I told him that I had already given them plenty of professional courtesy in letting them know what I was planning and that I was planning on giving them more notice than the 2 weeks that's standard and I wanted a little consideration in return. He still didn't get it. When he started giving me grief when I said that we disagreed and that was that, I told him that I was going to be leaving so it didn't matter. Aaarrrgghhhh! While I'd love the revenge aspect of giving them just 2 weeks there's a part of me that wants to give them by "resignation effective date" soon so that they can get busy finding my replacement and leave me the heck alone. Sort of more of a done deal, ya' know?

Anyway, I did a good hour of an exercise tape - the cardio has some punching in it. Guess who's face I was picturing? The rest of the day was very, very busy and pretty stressful. My goal is not to let the day mess me up with snacking tonight. 35 days, tomorrow is 35 days.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 06-19-2003, 11:27 AM   #11  

Hi all.

Judy - I'm sorry to hear you had a rough morning with your boss. At least you know you'll be done with it soon and it was good that you stood up for yourself. My -unsolicited- advice about giving notice. Despite how sweet giving them the two weeks would be, give them a month at least. For your level of responsibility, that's standard and as much as you want to get out of there and never look back on that world, best not to burn bridges. You never know when your paths may intersect again, even in the world of education. Besides - after you give notice they may tell you to leave then and there, with pay. Now that would be sweet!!!! Thanks for your words of encouragement. I get so mad at myself for playing around with the program like this, but does it ever stop me? The resort we're going to is in the north woods of Wisconsin - Rhinelander to be exact. It's not a fancy dancy resort - just a nice fishing resort. We've rented a 4 bedroom cabin so we'll be all together. It does have all the ameneties - including T.V. which is a godsend, considering my 13 year old nephew is in the "you're all lame and everything bores me to tears phase". :-)

I had a good day yesterday. I ate at maximum points, which considering, isn't a bad place to be. I could have done without some late evening snacking, but as long as I had the points for it, I won't beat myself up for it. I have to take it one bad habit at a time. I'm babysitting my neighbor's kids today so I now have 2 five-year olds (mine and the neighbor's) and one 9 year old who announced as she entered my house that she was sick with a sore throat. I plan on taking them to the park this afternoon and let them run around until they collapse. And you can bet I'm ear-marking some points for a nice bottle of beer or glass of wine tonight. John wants to go to Ravina tonight - the music park - to hear a concert. I think if we do that, I'll have him pick up some Subway to take with as the food at the park is expensive and temptingly fattening. In fact, even if we don't go, which is probably the safer bet, I think we'll do Subway tonight. Something tells me I'm not going to feel like cooking...

Have a great day.

Carla

Last edited by cece; 06-19-2003 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:42 PM   #12  

Carla - you are right - do NOT beat yourself up for having max points. The points are there for you to eat! LOL about saving points for a bottle of beer - have the kids collapsed yet (good plan by the way!) Thanks for your advice re: notice. As much as I would *love* to give them just two weeks notice, I've really been considering giving them a month at least - even 6 weeks in the hope that they will tell me to leave then and there! I totally agree about burning bridges (although I may have done that with my boss after yesterday!) Hmmm, the north woods of Wisconsin sound wonderful - a great get a away from the heat (although we haven't had any yet, just rain!)

I had a pretty good day - a little too much evening snacking but within my points range. I had a much better day at work all told. My parents are on the island shopping so we are going to have pizza tonight. I did my workout first thing in the morning - I forgot how good is feels to know that it's out of the way and not stressing when I'll get it in during the day. Of course, that's easy when I'm telecommuting! Off to feed the 3 starving beasts before my parents get here.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 06-19-2003, 04:48 PM   #13  
Canadian, eh?

Hi...

Judy, hope your run in with the boss didn't cause excessive snacking last night. I know how upsetting those situations can be, even when they make you angry, not really upset. Carla's advice sounds pretty good.

Carla, your vacation sounds like it will be a great time. I well remember those early teenage years when everyone is lame! Like you, I was kicking myself for playing with the program. I had to kick myself all the way to meetings. I think it's great that you'll have your sister there for support while you're away. Hope you're not too worn out with all the kids today - Subway sounds like just the meal for a day like that. Enjoy the concert! Summer evenings are great for things like that. I'm looking forward to Crosby, Stills & Nash in July.

I'm in a bit of a water deficit today, I forgot my water bottle at home. I'm leaving work early today to pick Jen up at the ferry, she'll be home till Sunday night. She's over for a friend's wedding. You start feeling old when your kid's friends start getting married!

Have a great day!
Old 06-20-2003, 11:11 AM   #14  

Hi all.

Judy - Well, the only child that collapsed was the one not feeling well. Unfortunately the 2 five-year olds were bundles of energy until the end. Glad to hear you had a good day yesterday. How was the pizza?

Karen - Well, I might end up kicking myself to meetings too, but not until after vacation. We'll see how it goes. Enjoy your weekend with Jen. Don't feel old - you were a young mother and you still are! Now when Ana's friends start getting married, I will be old! :-)

I had another good day yesterday. We never made it to the concert because the girls' father picked them up too late. We did go out to eat. The place we went too has a great onion loaf (basically onion rings smooshed together), but John and I agreed beforehand we wouldn't order it. I ignored the blue cheese and homemade potato chips on the appetizer menu, told the cheeseburgers and ribs to go away, and order the broiled chicken sandwich, which I ate open-faced. I did indulge in some fries, but I had plenty of points for them. And of course I had my beer - a black and tan to be exact. All in all, a successful and delicioius dinner. No particular challenges are in store for the weekend, so I should be in good shape.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend!

Carla
Old 06-20-2003, 02:46 PM   #15  

Karen - I hope you can manage to get your water in later today. Have fun with Jen this weekend. Ha! Just wait until her friends start having kids! No, I didn't let the run in with my boss affect my snacking too much, More than anything, I think it's the PMS that's making things tough. CS&N in July? Sounds great. I can't wait because we're going to see the Eagles in July.

Carla - WOW!!!! You did a super duper job eating out! Way to go on passing up the onion loaf, ribs and cheeseburgers. Your meal sounds like it was yummy - hey, the point is being able to have fries - just counting the points! We went to the pizza place but I ended up with a grilled chicken sandwich - it was on (light'ish) garlic bread though and had some melted mozzarella - still, I had the points - sort of like your dinner.

I did OK yesterday - a little too much snacking (that darn PMS) but I had the points. The great news for this weekend is that the disaster recovery test that I had to go into the city for tomorrow (and work from 6-8 pm at home) was cancelled! The weekend looks rainy again so notmuch outdoor activity. We are going out to our favorite Italian place with my parents on Sunday - always a challenge - but I plan on having a bunch of points (at least activity points) that I can use.

Have a great weekend!
Judy
Closed Thread