Old 07-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Talking awesome recipe!

Hi all! Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I'm new to this site and I had to share! Today I took my chive and cheddar fauxtatoes(faux mashed potatoes) and mixed them with my broccoli and cheese ip soup. The combo is delicious and makes the soup an even larger, creamier portion. Its also a great way to get your veggies in if you don't like em!

Whipped Fauxtatoes
2 heads cauliflower, florets cut into small pieces (i like to make a big batch)
1/4c chicken stock
skim milk (just a splash or two)
i cant believe its not butter spray
popcorn seasoning in white cheddar flavor
sea salt
pepper
garlic powder
dried chives (these literally make any recipe taste better)

Boil cauliflower in a large pot with water, salt, and chicken stock until very soft. Cook them longer than you normally would, that's the trick to getting a smooth whipped potato texture. Drain the cauliflower and place in a food processor. Add salt, splash of skim milk, pepper, and garlic powder. Blend in processor until creamy. Then add I can't believe its not butter spray, white cheddar seasoning, dried chives, and more spray butter, salt, pepper, .garlic powder to taste, adding another splash of skim if needed. Pulse until smooth.

I make my soup per the package instruction, maybe adding a little more water. Before I add the water I put salt, garlic powder, white cheddar seasoning and dried chives into the packet and shake it up with the water, microwaving for 2 mins. Then just add in some heated whipped fauxtatoes and you have delicious, thick and creamy broccoli cheddar soup.

I'm sure someone has tried this but I thought I would pass this one along!
jojobananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Cool! I have yet to try any of the cauli-anything recipes but this sounds so good, and I'm getting so sick of my veggies! Thanks for sharing!
coloradogirl is offline   Reply With Quote