Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #1  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 213/195/150

Height: 5'9''

Default Determined and Fearful: Wedding Dress Shoppoing

Hi all! I've been off this forum for a while, but I am ready to get back on the weight loss train. I'm getting married in May of next year, and I'm planning on going wedding dress shopping with my sister in October. She and I are both losing weight, both in the 190s right now. I would like to be in the 160s when I go shopping, and in the 150s by my wedding day. There is no way that I would even go shopping at this weight - so I'm looking forward to my wedding, but I'm just nervous about my goals. It is entirely feasible for me to lose 8-10 pounds each month, for the next 3 months, but I need to make a lot of good choices. Counting my calories every day. Treating exercise like my occupation. Not having that extra glass of red wine, and mostly, none at all. And I need to remind myself every day that I will be disappointed in myself if I didn't live that day toward my favorite goal right now: being a beautiful, fit, bride. I would love some encouragement from my fellow weight loss buddies on 3 fat chicks!
Jessica Committed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding ! I believe you can reach your goal, stick to your plan and you will be gorgeous in your wedding dress.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/168.4/127 (lbs)

Height: 5'7"

Congratz on your wedding!!! I am sure you can make it and be the most beautiful bride in the world!!!

CherryChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #5  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 213/195/150

Height: 5'9''

Thanks guys! Just went on a power walk and had a lean cuisine and salad for dinner - on my way!
Jessica Committed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/184/158

Height: 5'7

Congrats and good luck!! I'm sure you'll be a beautiful bride.

My husband will be getting home from a 6 mo deployment in Oct and I'd also like to be 160 by then (204 when he left, 186 now) so I'm right there with ya.
Arrwillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #7  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

Congrats on the wedding! The dieting and working out will be so worth it!

Any ideas regarding the kind of dress you want?

It seems I am getting married in January (not 100% sure for a couple more weeks), so I will trying to be on the same path as you
Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #8  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi Jessica,

I'm getting married next year (late spring or early summer), and we're just starting the planning. My mom said last weekend "it's great that you're doing the venue part now, but as soon as that's done you need to start dress shopping!". The idea of shopping for a dress so far ahead of time blows my mind. I know that "they" say you should do it 6 months ahead, but still...

I'd like to think that I'm not one of those people who will freak out about wedding dress shopping if I'm a few pounds over where I want to be, but I suspect I am - the pressure of spending that much money on ONE dress creates tremendous pressure to look your best in it. I'm not going to even think about dress shopping for another few months, but I WILL be watching what I eat more closely with that hanging over my head. Best of luck to you in your dress journey. Do you know what you are looking for (e.g. short, strapless)?
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote