Old 07-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/159.3/135

Height: 5'2

Default Alternative Puddings

OK, I was a good girl & read the other posts first but i didnt see whereanyone came right out and said THis is the best pudding alternative. Is the Protidiet good? Seems like the reviews are mixed.

Suggestions would be welcome. For oatmeal and Chili too!!!

Thank you
BusyMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #2  

Most if the people using alternatives would see this on the alternative review thread. That's probably the best place to get the most responses to this question

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-11-2013 at 10:42 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: me:153/129/130 him:243/203/185

Height: me 5'5" him 5'9"

Hi BusyMamma
I have not tried any yet, but I just placed my first order for alternatives and went through the EXTENSIVE alternative thread trying to figure out what to order. The gist I got is that IP makes the best puddings, and that most of the alternatives are not very good, with the exception of :
Weight Loss Systems Pudding - Creamy Cheesecake (7/Box)
and
Weight Loss Systems Pudding & Shake - Cocomint Cream

Like I said, just what I have read- I have yet to try them. I find the multi page threads exhausting to navigate, so I hope that some other members with more alternative experience will chime in here for you.

Have a great day!
EasierWithTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/197/142

Height: 5'8

I have tried the Weight Loss System's Cheesecake pudding and the texture is similar to Jello Cheesecake (if you can call that cheesecake), not bad then then again cheesecake is my favorite. I will be ordering again.

The oatmeal from ProtiDiet in Cinnamon Spice is my favorite thing next to the Quest Bars. There's a new White Chocolate Raspberry Quest Bar....
bbmomma78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #5  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Check out that alternative review thread, there are a ton of responses to this question.

That being said, in my opinion IP has the best puddings. I have not found any alternative that I like as well. It seems it is mostly the texture that I don't like. Some of the flavors are fine, the cocomint cream did taste pretty good, but the alternatives seem kind of chalky to me. I don't know how they mix up into shakes with the blended spinach, but IP/spinach shakes are wonderful when made with the IP puddings.
brelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #6  

I went ahead and ordered the weight systems pudding and oatmeal. I'm going to buy some quest bars. Just trying to find the best cheapest place to buy them.

I found some low carbon beef and chicken broth at Daresay. I'm going to puree' my vetoes in with these fir a good lunch for work. I like the was rich choc drink and put my coffee in it in the morn. With a dash of stevia & sugar free vanilla flavoring. Pretty yummy!!

I think I'm starting to get the gist of this..........

I too find the alternative site hard to find and maneuver. I always end up back at the reg. Ideal Protein thread

Thx everyone.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMamma View Post
I went ahead and ordered the weight systems pudding and oatmeal. I'm going to buy some quest bars. Just trying to find the best cheapest place to buy them.

I found some low carbon beef and chicken broth at Daresay. I'm going to puree' my vetoes in with these fir a good lunch for work. I like the was rich choc drink and put my coffee in it in the morn. With a dash of stevia & sugar free vanilla flavoring. Pretty yummy!!

I think I'm starting to get the gist of this..........

I too find the alternative site hard to find and maneuver. I always end up back at the reg. Ideal Protein thread

Thx everyone.

If you have a local GNC.. They usually have a special on Quest bars, Buy 2 get one free..Just be sure they haven't been sitting on the shelf to long. I have ordered them thru the quest website also.
Good luck
snickers70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #8  

Thank you snickers. I do have a GNC nearby!
Old 07-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

I am still on the hunt for the best alternative puddings as well-- have tried tons of them but nothing is like my IP dark chocolate pudding ( protidiet is 2nd favorite in terms of texture, WLS cheesecake and cocomint great flavor but weird texture!)

I am going to keep looking, as I plan a using a pudding as a regular dessert when I need a treat, even through maintenance. In fact, I am tempted to get another box of $29 dark chocolate pudding even though my grocery budget is blown for the month almost. Still, nothing like IP pudding. Will keep searching and asking and trying as well- in search of the perfect ( and perfectly priced) pudding!
dukeofllano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #10  

I hear you on the IP dark chocolate! I think I liked it b/c it was less sweet. For some reason, the dark chocolate has soy (when others do not) so I had to give it up.
I'll check label for Protidiet brand. I've gotten so that I almost always use puddings to make frozen shakes, instead of just pudding. Maybe that would help you with texture?

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-13-2013 at 01:08 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #11  

I have thought about using alternatives, and I have wondered about alternative puddings since I am completely addicted to the IP dark chocolate pudding. Even though we can buy all our stuff in single packets at my clinic, I just get two boxes of that pudding every week. I also use LoriAnn flavorings with them and I can make then taste like all types of things. Yum!

I guess I am not ready to switch to alternatives.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote