General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #1  

Default need to drop 20lbs fast!!!

Please no lectures, I don't want to hear about healthy this and that. I would just like advice how to lose 20lbs pretty fast (2 months) im willing to try whatever fad diet there is. I just want to fit in a particular dress for one night.
I am currently on low carb and am losing 2-3 lbs per week but I need something quick to get where I need to be for the dress for an occasion.
kerbear1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #2  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

If you're already losing 2-3 lbs per week, then my math says you should be 20 lbs lighter in 2 months...so, I'm not sure why you're asking. However, you don't need a fad diet. I would suggest low carb, low calorie (no lower than 1,200) and low sodium. Plus daily exercise...preferably running & weight lifting (since these would be most effective), but substitute other forms of exercise if you can't run or don't have access to weights. If you need to shift a few more pounds at the end of the 2 months, you can always go for a body wrap the day before (go as late as possible). The weight will come back in the next few days, but it might help you to fit in your dress.

Oh, and once you've dropped the 20 lbs, don't forget to get back to the healthy this and that...long-term they're the only things that count.

Last edited by Tuscany; 07-03-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Great advice from Tuscany. I'd like to add that you can throw in some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), which has been shown to burn fat 3x more than just working out at a continuous high intensity. Make sure to drink enough water and eat enough protein for muscle building. Oh and you should try to "eat clean." I think that is the best way to go....nothing processed. Simple foods with as few additives as possible.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #4  

thanks to all who have responded, I've been on a plateau for about a month and my occasion is coming up!
kerbear1969 is offline   Reply With Quote