Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-03-2013, 04:15 AM   #1  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

Default very upset...

So I've restarted my weight loss journey, have been losing some weight. Everything was looking up.. until I asked my husband to go and get my diet root beer because I ran out... He did, handed me a tall glass of it with ice... I apparently can't taste the difference between regular and diet, and he apparently didn't notice there wasn't a "diet" on the box... so... long story short, I haven't been losing weight. I've actually been gaining, and I'm super mad about the sugar intake for the week I must have... unknowingly consuming 1-3 cans of the stuff a day.... I'm sick, I'm so mad. I feel sabotaged and poisoned... I'm worried about not knowing how many cans I actually had during the past days, I'm worried about weight gain even though I count my calories, I weigh ALL my foods and track it to the T.
I am just at a loss.. of words... I feel like this ->
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

argh, that sucks, I'm sorry. I felt just the same when I realised I'd screwed up some maths once and inadvertently half as much pasta again that what I meant to. But if you've been losing weight, then surely you are still doing fine! Now you know, you can avoid the same mistake again and after a few days of being on plan I'm sure you'll feel much better about yourself

Don't give up! You're doing great
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

It's a tiny blip. Let's say you averaged 2 daily cans of the stuff for a week. If each can is 200 cals, that's only 2,800 extra calories, or not even a pound! Don't give it another thought. You're doing great.

F.

Last edited by freelancemomma; 07-03-2013 at 04:54 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #4  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Accept it for what it was - a mistake, and move on. As the above poster said, it's not a large amount if avg of two cans/day and yes, that was extra calories, but not enough to even amount to a pound of extra fat on your body, so it's not the cause for any weight gain or stalled losing.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #5  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

@Leaves: omg I'm so sorry! yeah after a while of counting calories, there tends to be a mix up or two once in a while... thank you for the support. I woke up this morning and decided to not worry about it anymore. It wasn't helping.

@FLM: Thank you for the data! I'm really all about calculating and inputting my food so knowing that I probably haven't reached that awful 3,500 mark makes me feel better.

NP: Thanks, next time I'm definitely checking what the can says heh.
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

This reminds me of the night I realized I'd counted my points wrong and I'd gone way over. I was so mad at myself. I don't think a few cans of soft drink will make that much difference, don't be too hard on yourself. You're doing great, keep up the good work!
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #7  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

It happens. I'm diabetic and a couple of times the drive through help got it wrong. The cup was sticky after it dried. Oops. No lasting harm done though.

It's about the preponderance of one's intake not the few things that get by that wins the day in the end.
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Take a deep breath and repeat after me, "This too shall pass."

Weight loss has valleys and hills. It has climbs and stumbles. Just remember to get up every time you stumble and you will be fine.

It coulda been worse...you could have been put on predisone by your doctor. Everyone gains mad weight on that in no time, which is super sucky when you are dieting.

Take your blessings where you can and go forward.

zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Think of the positive, at least you gave your body a break from those artificial sweeteners during those couple of days.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote