Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/22 - Sun 6/23/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-23-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 228.8/170/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning. I have family over for the weekend to celebrate a couple birthdays and belated fathers day. It seems so strange buying these things. I am still serving a ton of veggies and protein. It is such an eye opener to see how much carb/fat heavy foods we are trained to eat. Birthday cupcakes on Friday, Pancakes this morning. Chocolate ice cream cake from coldstone creamery on Sat and Homemade waffles on Sunday. I have been choosing flavors I don't like and don't feel tempted at all. I never thought I'd be able to resist but I haven't felt the least bit deprived. IP rocks.
It seems that every shelf of my fridge has local/organic veggies and yet I do not have feel I have enough. So I'm taking the family to a farm that is having a local farmers market this morning.
Thanks to IP I usually eat up/serve all the vegies instead of letting them go bad. My 3 year old is definitely eating more veggies to be like mommy.

Have a great OP weekend!!

Last edited by Cynaria; 06-22-2013 at 07:33 AM. Reason: add more to post
Old 06-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #3  

Our farmer's market opens at 8 am (7:07 here right now). I'll be there getting local, organic, fresh lettuce, kale, cucumbers, green onions, garlic, early tomatoes, zucchini. If there are any bell peppers, I'll get those too. It was such a wet spring, we're getting late early harvests. The strawberries are done here but I think there might be raspberries for P3 breakfast. And if there is any rhubarb left, I'll snag that as well.

My own garden has some disease problems so I'm not sure what it will produce. I just sprayed it with baking soda spray. It got some epsom salts last weekend and I'll also do an ACV & water spray later in the week. I'm working on trying to reverse it but some of it might be a goner . If so, I'll replant when we return from vacation & just have an abundance of lettuce, spinach, and kale into the Fall! I was hoping for zucchini, cucumber and green beans but if it doesn't happen, at least I tried! Only one of my tomato plants is producing and most of them will probably ripen while we're away...good for our substitute gardener who will get everything that ripens for helping!

New hobbies sometimes have failures on the way to success
Old 06-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Help...I am totally new here. I am interested in do the Ideal Protein diet. I am having trouble finding a clinic here in Dartmouth MA. I have been reading through many threads here on 3 Fat Chicks, searching different links, reading and reading. I love the support here. I am a vegetarian, no fish or chicken. I do eat eggs. Will I be able to do this diet? I am a whole grain carb aholic... I guess that is why I need to loose 20lbs. I tried to figure out how to do a private message, but couldnt.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Help...I am totally new here. I am interested in do the Ideal Protein diet. I am having trouble finding a clinic here in Dartmouth MA. I have been reading through many threads here on 3 Fat Chicks, searching different links, reading and reading. I love the support here. I am a vegetarian, no fish or chicken. I do eat eggs. Will I be able to do this diet? I am a whole grain carb aholic... I guess that is why I need to loose 20lbs. I tried to figure out how to do a private message, but couldnt.
I am from Dartmouth as well! There are a few clinics in the area. I went to a clinic when I started but switched to alternatives a few months in. I now buy everything at a local nutrition store. I don't think you can private message until you have 20 posts (I believe). Have you gone to the Ideal Protein website and searched for a location? I am happy to help but am always hesitant to post too much detailed information on here.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #6  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Lisa and Cynaria! I am very jealous of your Farmers Market trips. I was feeling terrible yesterday, but managed to get to the grocery store to stock up on veggies. I feel much better than I expected, and kind of wish I had an excuse to go to the market, but my DH would freak if I brought home more veggies... Our fridge is full to bursting! Instead, I will spend the day cleaning out and organizing the kitchen. I have decided I will have an IP cupboard so I need to shift stuff to the pantry, that way I wont be tempted by all the off plan food whenever I go to make something. Also, the fridge isndue for a cleaning, so it is a good excuse to throw away all the half eaten, off plan leftovers and items.

Please report back your delicious Farmers Market finds so I can live vicariously.

Sonolady: If you go to www.idealprotein.com and click on "contact us" you can submit your email address and zip code and it will give you the contact info for your local clinics. Good luck!

Quick Question: Do people make their Capuccino drink directly with coffee? I am trying to figure breakfast. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #7  

Kileymed13 Thank you. I did find a clinic but they've been closed when I called. I am going to try today. I am skepitcal with my veg. issues, it seems all I eat for protein is off limits. greek yogurt, tofu, veg burgers, quorn products. I have looked at the other place at the alternatives.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #8  

Thank you Lauran, I did do that. I work 50 miles from home and tried to find a clinic just off the highway on my route. The IP site lets you only look for 3 clinics, bummer. I tried to look for a clinic along my long commute. If its not convenient I wont do it, know what I mean.....
Old 06-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Kileymed13 Thank you. I did find a clinic but they've been closed when I called. I am going to try today. I am skepitcal with my veg. issues, it seems all I eat for protein is off limits. greek yogurt, tofu, veg burgers, quorn products. I have looked at the other place at the alternatives.
It may take you a while to filter through all of the various pages of threads, but there are a few threads specifically for vegetarians on IP. More tech savvy people may be able to post them in a reply for you, but I just go through each page one-by-one (slow but informative). Good luck, and have a great day!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 320/IP303/197/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post

Quick Question: Do people make their Capuccino drink directly with coffee? I am trying to figure breakfast. Thanks!
I drink cappuccino everyday made with water and ice. I like it soooo much that I feel like I'm cheating! I tried it with coffee but I don't like it nearly as much that way. You really should try the spinach shake for breakfast if you haven't already. It really fills me up and gives me energy to start the day.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #11  

Sansfilter, thank you! I do and will keep searching. It seems I will be very limited with the IP purchased foods. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #12  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Bake Cookies, Check!

Make Belgian waffles for the kiddies, Check!

Gotta mow the lawn and then get ice for Boy Scouts tonight. We are selling water at a local event to raise money for camp.

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-22-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #13  

I signed up for my info meeting next Tues. in Fairhaven. Hopefully who ever is my coach is good with helping a vegetarian.... looking forward to starting.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Cappucino

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post

If you are someone who likes coffee in the capuccino...as I do...I figured out that adding decaf instant coffee crystals and extra water gives me a nice tall drink. With ice and zipped in the blender it is thick and frothy...but also gentle heating in the micro wave worked quite well all winter too. It's one of my favs and I buy it by the box. Also the EAS drinks both vanilla and the choc varieties are good prepared this way. They are bigger volume-wise and do help me feel fuller in the AM. Another breakfast that is good with ice (and then toss it in the blender) .... is the wild berry yogurt. Feels like a bit of a cheat so I use that as snack too.

Last edited by 65X65; 06-22-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 156/133/115

Height: 5'4

Good morning all!! All this talk about Farmers Markets and fresh veggies is putting a big smile on my face. Tonight I am going to cook chicken fajitas. Yay!!
Closed Thread