Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/202.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Default I binged - and what I learned

So I only ate just my minimum amount of calories yesterday. I woke up this morning just ravenous and shaky. I ate a decent breakfast but that feeling just didn't go away. I felt awful. So for the first time on two weeks, I binged on fast food. Now I feel awful of course and I swear the food didn't taste half as good as I remember it. I also couldn't finish what I used to eat daily.

But instead of beating myself up I'm going to remind myself that I'm human. I make mistakes and the important thing is I don't let it spiral into eating bad the rest of the day.

I also learned that I can't keep my calories so low that I'm starving and feeling shaky. Yes the weight was coming off quickly but doesn't do me any good if I binge the next day because I'm so hungry.

So a bump in this journey is all it was. The old me would have said, well you screwed up you might as well give up but I know better now.

Thanks for letting me share. It helped to write that out.
shutterbugmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/165

Height: 5'9.5"

those are good lessons to learn .... ones that I have had to learn and relearn a few times but I think it's finally sinking in this time around. keep up the good work!
changeforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

It's a great feeling to say "ick...this doesn't taste so yummy" to fast food!! We are human, and there will always be bumps in the road, but it's fantastic that you were able to see the bump and continue driving forward instead of swerving off course!!

I know they usually say to not eat anything before bed, but I find myself waking up the same as you, all shaky and jittery, if I didn't have something in my stomach before sleeping. I usually like to try and keep it healthy, like a banana or carrots, or sometimes a couple pieces of beef jerky. Never a lot, just enough to keep the edge off while I fall asleep.

Great job so far!!!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/ticker/164

Height: 5'8"

I think it's so important and such a big step forward to be able to learn something from your binges. Congrats!
robotfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #5  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

It's a huge step to be able to say that. You go, girl!
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #6  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I would count all of the lessons you learned as NSVs. Especially the fact that fast food isn't as appealing as it use to be, and that you can't eat as much as you use to.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote