General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #1  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Default Organizing a closet by size

I love reading Apartment Therapy. This morning they had this little post.
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/woul...by-size-190625

It makes me wonder if getting rid of all of my bigger clothes was such a good idea after all. I know for many of us, that purging of larger sizes is more theatrical or a crossing the threshold into a new life sort of measure.

Anyways-- still food for thought.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

My closet is organized by size and type -- I've embraced my OCD tendencies! I even went to far as to order some tags that I put the sizes on. So, I have all of my slacks organized in one section of the closet and then subdivided into size. I hate to admit, but they're further organized by color. Same with tops. I do tend to put my gym wear in the bureau folded up as opposed to hanging it in the closet or else I'm sure I'd sub-divide further. I'm looking forward to getting rid of the bigger sizes and having more space eventually for new things.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #3  

When I lost all the weight after my second son I got rid of all my really big clothes. I've always hung onto them, but this time I purged....and got pregnant and gained the weight back and well...I do not want to spend the $$ to buy more...I plan on wearing either maternity or my sweats...idk...

I was a 6/8 when I finally lost the weight. after each pregnancy I was a size 20/22. I'm HOPING after this pregnancy to maybe be an 16/18 although with another months and a half to go I doubt it. I end up the same size with each pregnancy no mamtter what I eat or dont eat...

I think I have a pair of size 16 jeans...and a few baggy tshirts. but I threw away the main wardrobe... I'm just hoping to lose quickly at first. Its usually faster when I'm bigger

Not sure where I'm going with this other than I will never throw away cloths again. Going to hoard all sizes until I die..really. I mean it.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #4  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Most everything that's hanging in my closet now is either too big or slightly too big but still wearable. Only last week did I buy a couple dresses that fit my current size. I can't see myself completely getting rid of what's hanging there right now, so maybe I'll try re-organizing along the method mentioned. Sounds very smart! Plus, I imagine I'll slowly prune the bigger clothes over time -- that'll be easier to do too if everything is hanging by size.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #5  

Height: 5"6

I sort of do this already! I do get rid of bigger clothes, but I have a "fits me now" pile, "almost fits me" and "dream on, sister!" piles. lol it's fun to move things into the new "fits me" pile every once and a while!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote