Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 05:49 PM   #1  

Default Questiong for Leenie...what is a CAD diet?

Hi Leenie,

Saw your post about back injury! Thanks for your response by the way.

Anyway, you mention you were on a CAD diet...what is that?

Deb
Old 06-08-2003, 07:48 PM   #2  

Hi Deb,

I may be wrong, but it might be the carbohydrates addicts diet?

Sherry
Old 06-08-2003, 11:24 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yup thats it.

Carbohydrate Addicts Diet.... it is helping when I follow it. The past week I've really fallen off but I'm determined to lose this weight and pick up my feet tomorrow and go into this full force !!

What CAD is about: You eat 2 meals no carbs and your third meal is your reward meal, you eat anything you like w/in one hour. No snacking inbetween. I do feel alot better on it. I had alot of sugar yesterday and boy oh boy did I feel sick, tired and just plain old icky. Back to the plan for me.

I just bought the CAD book for people over 40 (even though I'm not) but I think its for the slower metabolism and people w/medical problems (for lack of a better way to put it)... I think ?

Anyway when I get it I'll let you know how it is.

Hugs!
Leenie
Old 06-09-2003, 10:38 AM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Anything you like within an hour? So I'm guessing that wouldn't be the greatest plan for an old binge eater like me?
Old 06-09-2003, 11:03 AM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I could make myself physically sick in an hour. That would be scary. Do you go crazy that hour or just have whatever.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:11 PM   #6  

I've done carb addicts too.
There are several Carb Addicts plans - this is one of the first ones. It's not exactly a free-for-all - the authors of the books say "a balanced meal." But, I couldn't get over the freedom and ate like a pig during that hour.

I didn't lose any weight on it. I'm happy Leeny can lose weight doing that one - I just overate for the hour.

I highly recommend the newer Carb Addicts book - _The Lifespan Program_. That book is more specific about how balanced to make the reward meal and that worked better for me. Your supposed to balance your plate in thirds, sort of: (you also need to start with 2 cups of salad) and then a third of protein, a third of carbs, a third of veggies on your plate. So, you can have cake with your reward meal, but probably not cake AND bread. . .

I lost about 10 pounds on this plan and then stopped losing. My husband lost about 20. I really liked the plan though, and could do it the rest of my life, so I was disappointed it didn't work anymore.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify and share that the free-for-all reward meal plan didn't work at all for me.

Last edited by AngiKL; 06-09-2003 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:12 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yes its suposed to be balanced, and yes I ate like a pig, but I tell you the first two weeks I lost 9 lbs and thats eating everything in site, I mean everything. The week after that I didn't lose b/c I wasn't exacly a good girl. My fault, not the diets. I'm buckling down and I have a ton of salad and fruit in my frig so I can gorge on that first and then eat a normal (what ever that means) meal.

I plan on measuring out everything (except fruit & salad). I know I'll definitly lose this way.

I was going to do atkins but I have 3 parties this month and atkins being restricted and me knowing how I am, I will not survive those parties. Why torchur myself right !

I've tried every diet known to man kind, I can not follow them. The minute I stick a piece of bread or what not (carb) in my mouth for breakfast it sets a bomb off in my body and I eat continiously all day long.

This low carb eating has really calmed the beast for the most part. No matter which plan I chose, I know I will have to put up with something, wether it be starving, or giving up your favorite foods. With CAD its no different. I'm hungry during the day which is fine, I can bear with that, but at night I can go home and not worry about what I can and can't have.

Tonight is salad w/blue cheese dressing (yes the real stuff), watermellon. Then I will portion out the whole wheat pasta and stuff a few meat balls down the old cake hole and wahlah! I can have desert but I will skip it. Maybe this weekend

Angi, I just purchased new book, got it used from amazon for $1.50 can't wait to get it !!

Last edited by Leens; 06-09-2003 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:54 PM   #8  

Leens,
I am so glad it's working for you! I think there is a lot of truth for me in the carb-addict philosophy. Having a little sugar is a lot worse for me than having none at all.
Closed Thread