South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Wonderful Wednesday Beach Chat, 6/5

Woo hoo! I get to start the thread! Not that I'm easily pleased or anything, lol.

I'm not sure how "wonderful" my Wednesday will be, since Wednesday's are always slammed at work, and then I tutor in math this evening. "Busy Wednesday" might have been a more appropriate title, but that would ruin the title pattern.

Sitting at my laptop a bit bleary-eyed this morning, but coffee is in the works. Had a good weigh in this morning- between yesterday and today, down 4.6. That's almost half of my re-gain!

I'm going to sit here with my coffee for a few more minutes (okay, more like 15) and peruse the internet, then it's back to getting ready. Have to put my face on!

Hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for cranking us up, Penmage. Wild Wednesday? Weird? Wishful? although I think your "wonderful" is appropriate for your weigh-in.

My veggie garden is finally tilled! Moel got off his butt and did it. One area was not planted last year and the grass was almost 4' tall so he scythed it - very old fashioned way but much quieter than a blasted weed whip. It's too late for me to plant some things but I will put in beans, cukes, more peppers and eggplant plus a few rows of cutting flowers.

Aside from that the "wonderful" part of today is a visit to the dentist at 10. I suspect she'll refer me to an oral surgeon for a root canal. I hope to meet Donna for coffee after this event and then will hit the garden to start getting seeds in. Rain is predicted for the next few days starting tomorrow afternoon so ....

Have a great Wednesday - even Wonderful!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Penmage, and I hope your Wednesday does turn out wonderful!

Sorry you didn't get the job, BellaLucia, but that usually only means there's something better out there for you.

Cyndi, your weekend at the Cape sounds great despite the weather forecast, and your snacks sound divine!

It's a glorious morning here, perfect for Maggie's Field Day, where I'll be helping out all day. After school the girls are hosting Pony Club at their house, so I'll be able to skip out and come home early. It's looking like a Wonderful Wednesday from my end.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, good morning to you, and I'm glad you are finally seeing the dentist. I hope it goes well!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Penmage, thanks for starting us off. Congrats on the Whoosh!!

Ruth, ugh...sorry about your visit to the dentist today, hope it goes as well as it can. You reminded me I need to sprinkle my garden .

Cottage, the field day sounds awesome! I hope you enjoy it!

I'M GOING TO THE ZOO!!! I'm so excited . Not as excited to drive a carload of boys there, but it's stinkin' gorgeous day (sunny and 75 degrees!) and I love going to the zoo . Emma and I just had our morning jog...I didn't go as far so I'm not completely wiped out tonight.

I'm supposed to have a disposable lunch, and I'm quite struggling with "healthy" and "disposable"....
Old 06-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Off to a 14 hour work day, so glad it's followed by a 4 day weekend.

I got all my baking done last night so we are set for yummy, protein filled goodies to grab while biking, birding, and with meals. I really love the recipes at Elana's Pantry. They have become some of my go to recipes. Her Almond Butter Blondies were our go to snack while moving. Meals between breakfast and dinner were hard to fit in but we were working hard and those blondies really got us through. I actually created my own version of that recipe with dried fruit and nuts instead of chips (though they are great with dark choc chips too).

Well I better get moving and get this day over with so I can go to the Cape.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

Off to work soon...food op and scale is down. Life is busy but good.

BellaLucia, keep looking and applying the right thing will come your way!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Wonderful Wednesday to all!!

Bella Lucia, I too am sorry you didn't get the job. I agree with Linda. It took me 10 years to land my "dream job" It was hard being rejected by potential employers. I don't know if I would be this happy working elsewhere.

CyndiM I am going to check out those Blondies. Have a great time at the Cape!

Tammy I love the zoo!!! As a kid I remember how much I loved "field trip" lunches. It was the only time I got a can of soda and a Hostess treat. Oh how times have changed lol

Linda enjoy your time at the field.

Ruth I hope everything goes well at the dentist. I won't share my root canal story with you. Let's just say it ended with having an implant....twice....My own fault because I was vein and wanted a new tooth now!! The original bone graft did not take and had to be repeated. Thankfully my oral surgeon is outstanding or maybe he isn't. I was knocked out each time

Off today and tomorrow. Enjoying some quality time with my pups before starting the day. It is absolutely gorgeous here. I plan in spending the majority of my day outside. Hope everyone enjoys theirs.

Last week I was naughty with my food choices for 4 days and the scale showed it big time. By Sunday I was back on track. Each day I noticed a loss. So happy to be back at my low number on the ticker. I am happy with myself maintaining.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 06-05-2013 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Small change
Old 06-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Thanks ladies! I appreciate all of u, so much! I am doing well, on SBD.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

I am sorry to hear that, BellaLucia, but, when doors close, others open! Remember that! There is something out there that is a much better fit for you!

Ah! I want to reply to each and every one of you but I feel like I need to take notes for these conversations! Haha! Just know that I read everyone's entry.

Today I started P1! Hurray! Breakfast was good. So far so good. It is 11:00 am and I am not hungry! That is definitely a change.

My computer is completely dead and ready to be buried. I will have to invest in another. Until then, I mostly have internet access at work.

But I hope everyone's day is going well!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! No root canal in my immediate future. The dentist (cute Egyptian lad) did many x-rays and did the test to determine whether any of the teeth were dead. He puts cold stuff on to be sure you get the eyeball freeze! So I need to just keep on with the anti-biotics.

Hoping to get some garden stuff done this afternoon.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Yeah Ruthie!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, ladies! Just starting my night at work. Had a nice little whoosh on the scale today after not weighing in for a few days...down 3 pounds! I honestly am starting to think that a little cheat meal once in a while kickstarts my metabolism or something. Sunday night at work I had a whole lot of red beans and rice (not brown rice, either, GASP!!!) and even a slice of pizza. Of course, it COULD be the fact that I'm doing nothing but elliptical at the gym and am covered in sweat by the time I'm done (sweaty arms and all!).

penmage - Congratulations on your whoosh!!! 4.6 pounds is EXCELLENT!!!

Ruth - Glad to hear you don't need the root canal. I've had a few and they weren't a big deal for me, but I'm also very tolerant of dental work and don't mind most of the things that others complain about (the shot in the roof of the mouth? Meh, just a pinch for me).

Twynn - Hope you enjoyed your trip to the zoo!!! I haven't been to the zoo in years, but I've been to the aquarium a lot and I looooooove it. I think I need to schedule me some zoo time this Summer. Sounds like a plan! I did do a Safari Park in Virginia during my road trip and that was lots of fun. I had moose snot on my window for weeks (you get to drive through and feed them).

jekel - I totally get your "not sure I would be this happy working elsewhere" mantra. I know, without a doubt, that I will not be satisfied being anywhere but in dispatch. It's so frustrating job-hunting knowing that whatever I get will only be to pay the bills until I find a spot in a dispatch center. I always feel sad for those who haven't had that "click" in their life where they realize "yep, this is what I was born to do for a living!" I realize that it makes you and I very lucky, no doubt!

Bella - Keep your chin up, doll...you'll find something soon! I've been job-hunting out of state for almost a year now and have been turned down so much that I've lost count. Only 3 agencies have even given me the time of day...the rest have sent rejection letters right off the bat. Try not to get discouraged...it will all fall into place when it's meant to!

Hannah - Congratulations on your good start! Just remember, you don't have to eat eggs every single day...there are plenty of "non-egg" breakfast recipes here! I think the eggs are the main complaint I see from Phase 1ers.

Bah, it's storming like crazy here and roads are starting to flood. Gotta run!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Evening ladies! I'll be heading to bed shortly- 5am comes awful early!- but I wanted to check back in. Had a small mis-step today, but I recovered. I had dinner at Panera Bread (I tutor a high school student there MWF) and caved to the baguette. I TRIED to ignore it in favor of my soup, but it CALLED to me. Quite loudly. But it wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be, so there is that. I'll be better prepared on Friday, and know that it's not worth it!

Watching youtube videos of Supersize vs Superskinny, and I have to say, it's really sad. The heavy woman in this episode is lovely (I'm certain she has been the recipient of the dreaded "such a pretty face!") but it makes me sad for her children, to not really have their mother as present as she could be, you know?

On a positive note, the doctor on the show is a cutie!

Finishing up my snack now (babybel cheese round) and watching the rest of the show, then headed to bed.

Ruth- YAY no root canal!

Hannah- Congrats on your solid start!

Natasha- I'm late on this, but I hope you got home safely!!

Have a great night ladies, and I'll see you in the morning!

Last edited by penmage; 06-05-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: add words
Closed Thread