Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #1  

Default Need your ideas/tricks for keeping treats one serving/ ideas of stuff to freeze

Hi all, getting ready for when the baby gets here. And getting back on track and have to relose all this weight!!

Anyway, I know I will want to have some sweet treats. I cannot just keep a box of granola bars cause I will, eventually eat like all of them in one sitting.

I need ideas of how, or more so WHAT you keep one serving.

I know freezing things helps because then you have to set it out, and let it thaw, then when you eat it, you can't just suddenly eat like 5 servings.

So what sweet treats can you freeze, that require a little time to thaw (maybe 10 - 15 minutes or even a little more)
And most importnantly you CANNOT just eat it straight out of the freezer!! Because it would be way to hard!!!

Even more of a bonus, something that HAS to defrost on the counter and will not survive microwaving to quick defrost.

I thought about smartones snacks BUT they are like 250 cals a serving...I'm kind of looking for more of a 100 cal snack...
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #2  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

You can eat these straight out of the freezer, but they're low-cal and really easy to make.

Just get some of those popsicle trays (easy to find this time of year) and fill them with tea (unsweetened or with splenda) or diet soda. Mom used to do this for me when I was little and I loved them. I was thinking about making green tea popcicles soon.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I try to only have treats that I can control myself with. I feel like if I can't control myself around a food (and for me this is true with almost anything wheat based and some dairy stuff) then I have a problem with that food (ie, food addiction) and I need to learn how to live my life without it. I have come to this conclusion after many years of trying control the foods that I want to have so bad I could scream. The thing is that even if I manage to control for a little while, it keeps the whole screaming part alive in my but if I abstain, that dies down to a more tolerable level. And the control never lasts for very long. It's like trying to be a social heroin user after spending my life as a junkie.

So, lately, my treats have been dark chocolate, natural peanut butter mixed w a packet of truvia and some salt, and cinnamon pork rinds.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

I really like the vita top muffins, but they can be microwaved. The chocolate ones are delicious and 100 calories.
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote