View Poll Results: Where Do You Get Most Of Your Weight Loss Support?
At The FLOOZIE'S 4 44.44%
At Another Forum 0 0%
At Home 0 0%
From Friends 0 0%
From Parents Or Siblings 0 0%
From Work 0 0%
I Get Support From One Or More Of The Above 5 55.56%
I Don't Get Support At All 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 11:04 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.......(#18)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 06-06-2003, 11:15 AM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #17 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2003, 11:20 AM   #3  

WE MISS YOU DEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING FUN.........HURRY HOME!!!!
Old 06-06-2003, 11:59 AM   #4  

Sherry--Don't worry, I'm almost 30, so unless you starter REALLY young, you're not quite at the mom age for me A two-piece bathing suit? Color this floozie impressed!!

Debbie--gal, I know how you feel! I hate those plateaus. Ugh. You can pull through this!!

And to the two of y'all together--if y'all meet Alan Jackson, I will be SOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS. Hubba hubba!!

Gayle--don't we ALL have trouble getting up from the floor? I sound like a Rice Krispies commercial when I try to get up--"Snap, Crackle, POP!"

Jennelle--Hope things are great for you!

Shelley--How's the running and biking coming? While I was walking yesterday I kept thinking "I need a bike..., I need to try to jog again..." You know where thinking'll getcha.... I decided a month or so ago (before I went back to WW and was trying to walk 3 miles/day) that I wanted to become a runner. Well, it was harder than I thought it would be. Now I'm just about ready to start again. I want to lose about 15 more pounds, though.

Hey Ramona, beautiful weather we're having, huh?

Dee--hope you're enjoying your vacation!

Hey to Titan Dee, Vicki, Carol, and all my other Floozie friends!

P.S. You asked how our "inside age" compares to our "outside age" Sometimes I still feel like a little kid on the inside. Sometimes, like today, I feel very very old. Usually, though, I'm on the same wave-length as, I'd say, about a 15-16-year-old!
Old 06-06-2003, 12:01 PM   #5  

Hey, Sherry, you left off "husband or significant other" as one of your support picks!
Old 06-06-2003, 12:48 PM   #6  

Cheryl,

I figured that hubby/ significant other would fall under the "Home" catagory.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:32 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Sher: What if your hubby is never home???

I seen Alan Jackson last year at Country Stampede. Now, Trace Atkins, he's HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!
Old 06-06-2003, 03:51 PM   #8  

Afternoon floozies.
To be completely blunt, this day has been s***!!!!! So, I'm just pushing all my problems aside and checking to see what the floozies are doing.

Debbie, try not to be too down. You have done a fantastic job. Rmember that you had several difficult situations going on for a while that caused stress. Stress releases cortisol which inhibits weight loss. Try to relax when you can!

Sherry, the tankini sounds sooooo cute, and I LOVE pink! I know you will look great in it. The boys are fine. Ben has been selected to serve in a special forces unit on his base. It's kind of like a SWAT team. Just what I need.....more things to worry about!! LOL

Shelley, I hope your daughter has a great trip and I know you will enjoy listening to her talk about her adventures.

Gayle, I'm with you! I like Alan Jackson's mile long legs, but when I watch Trace Adkins in the video "Chrome"......oh mama!!! It must be the hidden, represed, alter-ego biker chick in me! hahaha

Cheryl, much more of this "lovely" weather and we're all going to go postal.....can you say glum!

Jeanne, are you practicing your hula dance?????

Jennelle, any job prospects yet? Just enjoy the summer and worry about the job later! LOL

Carol, you have really inspired me with your weightloss. I hope something will click for me soon.

Vicki, Doni, Titan, Dee, hope everything is going well for you all.

Busy weekend for me.....we are putting our house on the market Monday which means major cleaning, painting, and sprucing. ACK, Sherry.....I need your help......please send some of your cleaning vibes my way!!!!!! LOL

Later all,
Ramona
Old 06-06-2003, 04:41 PM   #9  
Losing it!

Gotta say it again Ramona, that guy is HOT!!! We worked Country Stampede last year and he was the one that I put in a request to be able to see his show and not work through it. I'm really not crazy about his long hair, but shoot, I could always pull it back into a ponytail. Ride'em cowboy!!!
I caught a special about ol' Trace on TV one day, it was very interesting. His first wife shot him through the heart!!!!
Another Country fav of mine: Keith Urban, he just has that "wild boy" thing going on. When I want calm, I stick to handsome George Straight. ooohhhh.... getting pretty warm in here.....oooop's, Steve just walked in!
Old 06-06-2003, 04:42 PM   #10  
Losing it!

GOOD LUCK SELLING THE HOUSE RAMONA!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2003, 04:56 PM   #11  

Debbie-You have done such an awesome job. I know how you feel, though. Have you thought about maybe trying to spice up your diet a bit? Atikins can be so hard to follow, that for me it leads to a binge, but that is just the way I am. I know all of you have done quite well on it.

Ramona-Good luck on the house. Did you put another offer on the other one?

Cheryl-I'm not doing too well this week on the running. Usually, I would have gone 20 miles already, but this week I'm only up to 17, and I don't think I'll be able to do anything tomorrow because my daughter is being confirmed, and we have to be there at 9:30. Just keep taking baby steps. I started out running for 30 seconds at a time, and walking for 5 min., alternating the 2. You can get quite a few tips over at runnersworld.com.

Sherry- At 50, I still feel like I'm in my 20's. When I look in the mirror, I am shocked!!

Gayle-Back when we had our stereo business, we were going to put a stereo system throughout Alan Jackson's house that he has over here. We never got to really finish it though, because that was the year we went out of business. I think we only got as far as going out to the house and writing a proposal to him. I still don't really know who he is, but I'm not a country fan.

I had a great Publisher workshop for the past 2 days, now I know just enough to be dangerous. I guess it takes awhile to learn everything, and this OLD brain can't comprehend very much!
Old 06-06-2003, 06:01 PM   #12  

Hello Dollies

I am back home. Lots of fun and stories to tell. The weather was great. I missed you all. I am exhausted. From the time we left the hotel til we landed at home it was 12 hours. The flight is another story to tell. Just let you know that we landed in Toronto the city of Sars. Yeah there is more but I will post this weekend. I am just waiting on the doctor to call. We are in big trouble.

DEE
Old 06-06-2003, 06:21 PM   #13  

Dee....WELCOME HOME!!! Let us know what is going on as soon as you get some rest. I hope all is OK.

You guys, I'm sooooooo embarrassed! I posted a reply to Gayle about her "ride em" cowboy comment and called her a naughty thang. WELL, somehow, it ended up on the general diet thread!!!! OMG, I don't even know those people and now they think I'm a brazen hussy!!!!! The cyber gremlins strike again!
Old 06-06-2003, 07:52 PM   #14  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Welcome Home Dee!! Hope everything is alright with you. We missed you!

This is a long read...but so true!!
YOU'RE ONE OF THEM !!!!

According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who were kids in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's or even the early 80's, probably shouldn't have survived.

Our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paint. We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, nor locks on doors or cabinets, and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets. [Not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.]

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.
Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle. Horrors!
We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but we were never overweight because we were always outside playing.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then rode down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.
After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streets lights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. No cell phones. Unthinkable!

We did not have Play-stations, Nintendo 64, X-Boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, video tape movies, surround sound, personal cell phones, personal computers, or Internet chat rooms. We had friends!
We went outside and found them.
We played dodge ball, and sometimes, the ball would really hurt.
We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there were no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was to blame but us. Remember accidents?

We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and learned to get over it.

We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and ate worms, and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes, nor did the worms live inside us forever.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's home and knocked on the door, or rang the bell or just walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Some students weren't as smart as others, so they failed a grade and were held back to repeat the same grade. Horrors!!!
Tests were not adjusted for any reason. Our actions were our own.
Consequences were expected.
The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of.
They actually sided with the law. Imagine that!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem solvers and inventors ever.

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.
We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.
to

And you're one of them! Congratulations.

Last edited by DebbieA; 06-06-2003 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:12 PM   #15  

Evening everyone....

Been a bad week for me with having bursitis in my hip can hardly walk..boohooboohoo ...is me.

Everyone seems to have had a good week.

Sorry aren't posting to each individually but will when feeling better...

All have a good weekend.

Vicki
Closed Thread