General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Default Fat Chicks 4 Charity (Dudes welcome too)

Recently I took a test run of the website DietBet. It's a weight loss site where members contribute about $25 to a pot, and whoever loses 4% of their body weight by the end of the month splits it. I lost 10 lbs during the bet and doubled my $35 entry fee, which was nice, but then I noticed that you can play for charity! Like many women, I often find I am better at taking care of others than taking care of myself. I thought this might be a wonderful way to help others while helping myself. Would any of my 3FC buddies want to dietbet for charity with me? I see us accomplishing great things. If I can gather 5-10 people who'd like a formal invite, I'll start up the bet! Stay motivated ladies.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Oh I love this! And even better that they let you use paypal as an option!
I signed up for one of the big bets (the pot is over $100,000!) love that you can do up to 5 games at once though. Very cool.

With the charity, does the leader of the game pick the charity? How does it work?
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

I'm trying to figure that out myself. I think one person starts the bet, and then each individual decides if they want to play for charity...but I'm wondering if you can pick any charity of your choice or if they limit you to a list.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote