Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-29-2013, 01:41 AM   #1  
Vibhu

S/C/G: 169/165/143

Height: 5'1"

Default New to Furms, Need support to fight my cravings

Hi friends,

I am new on this forum, found it really helpful so thought to get some help from you people and your experiences.

I am 35 years old, with height of 5'1".Currently my weight is 167 lbs I am on bran diet for last two days. I know i may get results with diet but i am totally helpless with my food cravings which end up consuming all unhealthy foods.

My dietician kept me on bran bread and veg diet. first of all i am consuming more than prescribed quantity and worse on it i get hungry before 2 hours and end up eating sweets or chocolate/ cookies. I note each and every thing in my food diary but the problem is after eating i became guilty conscious and gets uncomfortable.

The more i try to control the more i eat and feel miserable.Although i hardly eat chocolate but yesterday i thought to eat just one cube but ended by finishing whole chocolate. I want to conceive, faced many problems during my first delivery. To avoid whole situation my hubby is asking me to reduce some weight.

Plz help me to fight my food cravings and want some motivation to reclaim my life once again.
vibhusharma78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

This is exactly why a super strict diet would never work for me. In the past whenever I cut out foods completely it would lead to a binge, 100% of the time.

I try to keep a small amount of the foods I really crave (usually chocolate) in my freezer. What I have has to last me until some random date, when I eat it it's gone, until the next predetermined date I'm allowed to buy some more. It took awhile but I've gotten to the point where 3 pieces are all I need, when before it was 3x that amount. Now it hasn't been easy or a short process (I'm on month 7) but it's completely worked. I truly can't tell you the last time I went overboard on chocolate, or anything else.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:24 AM   #3  
Vibhu

hey you are doing well. i have seen ur weight loss and its really good. any recommendations????

today my dietician asked me to have only veg and cottage cheese in lunch with curd and salad.

I had soya granules with pumpkin curry .

And again i ended my lunch with laddoo (Indian sweet)
Old 05-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

That's ridiculous, your doctor is doing a crappy job at addressing your needs! That diet sounds totally extreme and not at all something a doctor should be prescribing.

I try to avoid bread as much as possible, it makes me crazy! Even if I eat a little bit it opens my appetite like a flower. It makes me want to eat more and more and more and then makes me want to eat lots of sugar. It sounds like that's exactly what's happening to you.

You need some protein in your diet, some nice fish, lean chicken, eggs, nuts, something! Protein keeps you satisfied. And there is no limit to how many vegetables you should eat.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:22 AM   #5  
Vibhu

Actually, i got recommendation about her plans from my maternal uncle, who has reduced 5 kgs with the help of her diets in one month.

Can u guide me with a good diet plan which can help me to reduce weight and pl note that i m vegetarian.

My dietician asked me to drink boiled coriander seed's water empty stomach. I boil them in night and drink dat water in morning.

For today she asked me to be on potato diet....which i skiped coz i thot der is no logic to eat so much potatoes in lunch and dinner.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhusharma78 View Post
Actually, i got recommendation about her plans from my maternal uncle, who has reduced 5 kgs with the help of her diets in one month.

Can u guide me with a good diet plan which can help me to reduce weight and pl note that i m vegetarian.

My dietician asked me to drink boiled coriander seed's water empty stomach. I boil them in night and drink dat water in morning.

For today she asked me to be on potato diet....which i skiped coz i thot der is no logic to eat so much potatoes in lunch and dinner.
The key to losing weight is eating less and moving more. I try to follow a low-carb diet, I try to eat around 1400-1800 calories per day, and exercise every day. You have to find a plan that is right for you.

When I eat potatoes I look like a potato. There are lots of healthy things to eat, you can have all the vegetables you like, maybe a little bit bit of rice (half a cup at lunch and half a cup at dinner). Eat some protein - as a vegetarian you can eat yogurt, cheese, eggs, beans, and tofu.

Here is a sample of what I eat on a normal day

Breakfast - a cup of yogurt with 10 almonds
Snack - fruit
Lunch - a big salad with protein, cucumbers, avocado, tomato, green peas, sunflower seeds, dressing made with oliver oil/spicy mustard/balsamic vinegar.
Snack - hummus with carrot sticks
Dinner - grilled chicken breast (tofu or beans for you), broccoli drizzled with lemon and olive oil and a half cup of something starchy (potato, rice, or couscous)
Dessert - one small piece of dark chocolate
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote