Old 05-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Goulash - how many calories? So confusing!

So, there's this dish that my mother makes that....well, it's *always* been my absolute favourite food. We always referred to it as goulash but it's a lot simpler than any goulash recipe I've ever seen online.

Anyway, I have NO idea how to calculate calories for it. None. I use SparkPeople to track my calorie intake, and there's countless entries for goulash, but I have no idea which one to use. Should I just estimate? I don't even know.

For reference, Mom's recipe contains extra-lean ground beef, elbow macaroni, tomato soup, and a tiny bit (maybe 1/4 cup) of fat-free barbecue sauce. Should I just add up the calories in all that stuff and figure it out that way?

GAH! Confused isn't the word.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #2  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Spark has a recipe calculator - CLICK HERE. Just enter your ingredients and info and it will give you the nutrition per serving, and then you can add that to your daily tracker. Easy peasy.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #3  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Novus, you're awesome! Thanks for pointing that out, it will make this sooo much easier.

ETA: I just inputted all the ingredients and came out with a calorie count that was only about 20 calories over what I had estimated. WOOOO!

Last edited by Snoofie; 05-27-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #4  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoofie View Post
Novus, you're awesome! Thanks for pointing that out, it will make this sooo much easier.
You're welcome!
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote