Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

Default My first of many mini goals

I'm so excited. I"ve only been counting calories about 2-3 weeks now and so far I've lost 6 pounds. It's not much but I passed the 5 pound mark and that's just motivated me a ton more. I've cut out all soda, greasy foods, and unhealthy snacking. My average daily calories are around 800...which just amazes me! I now eat apples and bananas for a snack. I have grits, yoplait light, or a slimfast powder mixed with water for breakfast. And I usually have a lean cuisine or smart ones for lunch and dinner. Though I bought a food scale for when I cook meat and it goes my pounds. I fixed a roast a couple days ago and was shocked how much 4 oz was...I was thinking it'd be a little bit of meat but it was plenty filling with a broccoli and cheese steamer.

I'm so proud of actually making an eating habit lifestyle change. Usually before I'd do a diet and was constantly hungry or eyeballing food my boyfriend was eating. Now that calories are important I have no trouble passing on chocolate goodies! I can't wait til I hit 10lbs lost and so on!
Monkeyruler164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #2  
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

Awesome!! Way to go!! Such accomplishment. You should be very, very proud of yourself. Excited to hear about your next 5 pounds gone.
aspen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216.8/167.8/150

Height: 5'4

That's really great! 800 calories a day is super low and your body will start to think its starving, eventually and stop dropping weight. 1200-1400 is considered a healthy amount. Just wanted to put that out there
Keep up the good work!
Amy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #4  

Congrats on your first 6lbs!! Can't wait to read about your continued success!

I agree with Amy as far as low calories are concerned, you need more than that if you aren't medically supervised. It's not so much about starvation mode but getting sufficient nutrition in your diet.

Good luck with your continued weightloss!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote