Old 05-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #1  

Default Anyone reached goal, but still not happy??

I'm at goal weight and phasing off as have 2 very long vacations out of country coming up. I'm happy mostly with how I look in clothes, but I've still got lots of cellulite on my legs. I've started exercising. I may go back on IP when back from vacations. Just wondering if I can do anything about it or just deal with lack of muscle tone in my legs (I've never had any, so don't know why expected to have muscle tone once got to goal).

Last edited by canic; 05-26-2013 at 12:39 AM.
canic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #2  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Strength training helped me firm my legs and my arms. It took a year, but my skin is definitely better. Good luck on your exercise and maintenance. Have great vacations!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #3  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

I am right there with you on this thought. I am phasing off with what I think at weigh-in this week will be 5 lbs until goal weight. I have some big events happening in July that I want to be phased off for so I can have an eating pattern in place.
My thighs really irritate me on how they look, but I am starting to work out and hope that helps. My arms don't bother me as much-even though there is loose skin there- they have some definition because of my job. After I am finished with my July -depending on how successful I have been with losing the last 5lbs with diet and exercise I am thinking of going on phase 1 again to finish off and maybe go even further.
blessedamberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

IP is fantastic for fat loss - but the muscle tone you have to work for
Also, depending on the AMOUNT of weight you lost, you may also be faced with some loose skin - a good part of that will likely resolve itself over time (it takes about 8 months for the body to reassimilate or slough off what loose/extra skin it can). I knew this year wouldn't be a bikini year for me, but I'm hitting the gym to keep what I've earned and tighten things up, so next summer I can attempt one!!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #5  

You're all right that I need to get myself to work to build the muscle I want. I can't expect eating at calorie deficit to build muscle...
canic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Also, depending on the AMOUNT of weight you lost, you may also be faced with some loose skin - a good part of that will likely resolve itself over time (it takes about 8 months for the body to reassimilate or slough off what loose/extra skin it can). !
thank you for sharing this.. have some "goo" on my belly, but still thinking that the fat underneath is shrinking and the goo will resolve eventually, but good to know either way!! Hoping to try on new swimsuits soon anyway, boy have the "girls"shrunk but I really don't mind. =)

But I also have to say that, the things that drove me crazy BEFORE i lost weight still drive me crazy now, but it's good to know that even though the hard things in life don't go away, I don't have to deal with them by eating! ( usually chocolate..) What a relief!
dukeofllano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

I understand completely. I'm close to phasing off, but I changed my goal weight recently to 5 pounds lighter. I have some muscle from working out before the holidays pretty consistently, but I could definitely use a little support for the girls and my backside. I tried working out, but it stalled my losses, so I decided to just wait a little longer. It's rough, because my reward for making goal is to get myself a season pass to a local water park. I love water parks, but in the past, I have declined trips to the lake, the beach, the pool, etc because I wasn't comfortable enough in myself to wear a suit in public. I know better in my head (summer isn't just for skinny girls), but I kept spending summer after summer walking right past the swimsuit section. Now that I'm getting closer, my saggy parts don't exactly make me feel super-sexy, BUT I'm not going to let that stop me. Besides, hauling an inner tube up a ton of stairs is a great workout!
Hang in there! We've already tackled a lot of the hard part. We can do this, too!
Sansfilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Also, depending on the AMOUNT of weight you lost, you may also be faced with some loose skin - a good part of that will likely resolve itself over time (it takes about 8 months for the body to reassimilate or slough off what loose/extra skin it can). I knew this year wouldn't be a bikini year for me, but I'm hitting the gym to keep what I've earned and tighten things up, so next summer I can attempt one!!
How is this year not a bikini year for you? You look great in your pic! Are you sure????
peaches17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches17 View Post
How is this year not a bikini year for you? You look great in your pic! Are you sure????
LOL trust me - well fitting clothes hide a LOT! I have quite a bit of loose skin around my abdomen and under my arms, but I'm toning up!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote