Old 05-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Default Overate and I feel such horrible guilt now!!

Oh no, this is one of THOSE nights again! I went over my WW points by a lot. About 20 points. When this happens, not too often but it does, I feel such overwhelming guilt!! And I get so hard on myself, it makes me want to give up on the whole weight loss plan. It's like a voice in my head is telling me : see I knew you couldn't do it anyway and here is the proof.
How do stop that voice? How do I start with a clean slate tomorrow and just accept that I will sometimes make mistakes along the way. Basically, how do I get out of my own head?? Ugh
Joil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

Re-start...you got this!!!!!!!
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm a calorie counter but just wanted to ask you not to give up. Just drink more water and don't weigh yourself for at least 3 days. You'll do great if you can just dust yourself off. Just about every person here who has reached goal can admit that they've fallen off plan at some point.

Someone here once said something that really stuck for me: if you're climbing a mountain and your foot slips, do you just throw yourself off the mountain? No. You hold on tighter and get yourself back to climbing just as soon as possible. You've just had a little slip and you need to get back to the climb. You can do it!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #4  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Just start over. NEVER give up!! That will only make the bad feelings worse and you know that already. I like tracking my points because every morning I feel like I'm starting fresh for the day. That is what you have to do. Just start fresh and make a vow that for today you will stay within your points.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #5  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Everyone else has given you great advice and wisdom. I messed up too last weekend and I got back on track the next day. You can do it! Like you said, you have to accept that you (and I) have made mistakes and will make more along the way even at maintenance. The important thing is to never give up and try not to listen to the voices in your head (easier said than done!)

It's a new day! Hope you're feeling better today!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
I'm a calorie counter but just wanted to ask you not to give up. Just drink more water and don't weigh yourself for at least 3 days. You'll do great if you can just dust yourself off. Just about every person here who has reached goal can admit that they've fallen off plan at some point.
^^^^^ This!! Get back on the horse and keep going. And...tell that voice in your head to shut the heck up!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #7  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Tell the voice in your head that you wouldn't talk to anyone else like that so you certainly aren't going to talk to yourself like that. Tell that voice that you are a special, wonderful person who made a mistake. And you are a competent person who is now moving past that mistake and returning to her plan.

The other thing I'd add is that for night mistakes, "tomorrow" is all we can do. For morning or afternoon mistakes, it's "right now"--not "tomorrow", but "right now" getting back on track. It's not as if any additional extra calories/points don't count, after all! (I'm still working on this, but it sure sounds good.)

Treat yourself the way you'd treat someone here--supportive, caring, and understanding. You deserve that from everyone--and especially from yourself. You came here, admitted what happened, and asked for help--that's something to be proud of. You can do this!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
Someone here once said something that really stuck for me: if you're climbing a mountain and your foot slips, do you just throw yourself off the mountain? No. You hold on tighter and get yourself back to climbing just as soon as possible. You've just had a little slip and you need to get back to the climb. You can do it!!!
This really struck me. I need to post this in my cube at work.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks so much everyone, you guys are all awesome! It's so much easier to go through all of this with people who have your back! I'm feeling better today, not so hard on myself and I am telling myself to take it a day at a time. Yay!!!
Joil is offline   Reply With Quote