Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Headache still on day 3 :(

Woke up morning of day 2 with a migraine and took my meds.. Headache did not go away and I still have it day 3! I am now drinking water with a 1/2 teaspoon of salt (ugh). It seems like my usual headache/migraine meds aren't even touching this headache any other suggestions??
Alamo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Just keep drinking water, I went through the same thing. I know it can be hard sometimes to drink a lot of water, but your body is changing right now. Hang in there, and keep going. You will feel a lifting probably at the end of a week. This program, or should I say changing the way I eat with help, has been the best thing in the world for me. oh... and take your vitamins...
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/IP303/197/135

Height: 5'3"

I couldn't find anything to alleviate the headache when I started. As Skinnyjeangirl said, just hang in there and this will pass soon.
Cherie2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #4  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

I am sorry for you, headaches are the worst. It is a detox and normal thing during this time but yours is probably MUCH worse since you are a migraine suffer.

Poor thing!
workingit50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 277/268/135 - started 3/20/13

Height: 5'4"

(((hugs))) You just have to go through it. It is a normal reaction to detoxing.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

I am on day 3 too and my headache just started to alleviate this morning. I was taking Aleve every 12 hours for the past 2 days religiously! It is a combination of the sugar detox and caffeine (if you were a soda or coffee drinker). It does go away after some time, but it is tough to get through! Good luck to us both
amt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

A very good friend of mine has a particular type of migraine that requires caffeine for treatment. Her neurologist won't let her give up caffeine because of it. You can have a serving of coffee or tea if you need it. Just make sure to drink extra water to make up for it. Also, be careful of the sweeteners in your foods and drinks. Some of them can increase migraine frequency and intensity. Hopefully, this is just part of ketosis and will be over very soon.
Sansfilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/145

Thanks everyone! It seems the detoxing triggered really bad migraines. It is slowly getting better and I think I am through the worst of it - I hope! I am drinking tons of water and my coffee (per doctor) and my migraine meds (maxalt). The hardest part, aside from the pain, is trying to keep the family fed.... Hubby has been out of town since Friday and won't be home until tonight. At least I have not been craving sugar!
Alamo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #9  
Started IP 5/18/13

S/C/G: 238/130/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo girl View Post
Thanks everyone! It seems the detoxing triggered really bad migraines. It is slowly getting better and I think I am through the worst of it - I hope! I am drinking tons of water and my coffee (per doctor) and my migraine meds (maxalt). The hardest part, aside from the pain, is trying to keep the family fed.... Hubby has been out of town since Friday and won't be home until tonight. At least I have not been craving sugar!
Hope you feel better soon!
purplepetunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196- starting weight

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Alamo Girl,
I hope you are feeling better. I know how tortuous migraines can be. I started IP 6 days ago. I had a headache that progressed to a migraine on day three. I initially took the salt water, but to no avail. I took a BC and went to bed, and thankfully, I felt better the next day. I think as someone proned to migraines, you have to treat your migraines the same way, regardless of cause. For me, this means catching it (for me, taking a BC) at the first sign of even a slight headache. If I do that, I can usually avoid the heavy duty prescription drugs. My mentor also recommended even putting the sea salt on my fingers and licking to make sure I am getting enough sodium. I do this too. Whatever it takes to avoid a migraine!
laloli is offline   Reply With Quote