Old 05-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default You know when you trip...

You know when you trip and then you try to catch yourself by running a little bit and somehow that just makes you wobble more and then for like ten feet, you've been falling before you actually smack into the pavement?

That's me and weight loss right now.

And now I'm smacking into the pavement.

So, after treading in the two-teens for quite awhile, I got pregnant, gained some weight, miscarried (way back in December), and then recommitted and then faltered, and then increased my running, and then stumbled some more and now I am sitting on the pavement with scraped knees and chocolate all over my face (oh peanut m&ms, you are the death of me! *shaking fist*).

I am now officially 25 pounds heavier and I feel like I can't even find the track (let along get back on it).

I've decided I would like to plan my meals (something I love when I've done it but very bad at doing). My exercise has always been there. It's just the eating that's off.

Any words of advice for digging yourself out of a hole?
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #2  
Becoming A Better Me

Well lets see, how about...
Stand up, clean and bandage those knees and get right back on track! Ur knees are for thankin the Lord above for another day to do just that! U got this girl!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs

You can do this! Take it one day at a time, one choice at a time.

Good luck!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #4  

Welcome back, we are here for you.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #5  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there... This is just another bump in the LONG road. Keep on truckin!

I love to read your posts; you seem to have a lot of wisdom. I'm trying to get back on track myself, and I've recently had a few good weigh-ins. The scale seems to move when I stick to lots of veggies and a little protein, with a little bit of fruit for treats. I have to stay away from grains and my beloved protein bars = almost candy bars (YUM!). My menus are not very adventurous or exotic, but sometimes the simplest things work.

I wish I had more to contribute, but if it helps, I'm rootin' for you!
PS -- So sorry for your loss.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #6  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Mozzy speaks the truth! One choice at a time. You can't hit 'em all, sure, that's normal. Just concentrate on the ones you can. That's how you re-integrate the habits you want! And you know, starting a habit takes big motivation, so start small and build if you want. Maintaining habits takes MUCH less motivation! You know you can do this - think of it as being permanent, focus on maintenance if you have to, and take the opportunities to lose as and when you find them! A bit like paying off a credit card... Do what you have to, to make it not get any worse, and throw your resources at it whenever you can. Then before you know it you'll be well on your way
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #7  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I'm kind of in the same boat and I'm thankful you started this thread. After 10 months of maintaining a healthy weight, I spent all of April and half of May in cake crumbs and chocolate HobNobs and ended up 13 lbs heavier even with regular exercise which isn't surprising since I've been keeping track of my food and regularly logging 3000+ calories a day. I'm struggling as well to find my way back. It seems that everyday I try with the best intentions and end the day wondering how I went so off track.

So I think I'm with you, I'm going to go back to menu planning for a while and take it meal by meal. I'm travelling right now which makes it challenging but I'm still trying to make the best decisions I can. Yesterday was a 1900-cal day which was disappointing but awesome compared to the fact that the previous day was a 2600-cal day. So I try to use that as encouragement to continue to improve and get back to where I was.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #8  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

I think planning your days makes a lot of sense--especially if you use a weekly plan to make your grocery list and don't buy anything that isn't on it.

I find that by planning (in detail) what I'm going to eat, I take away decision making for that day, and eat the way I "ought" to. If I want something that isn't on plan, I plan it for the next day.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote