UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #1  
Lizzie

S/C/G: 220 start/140 goal

Height: 5ft 6

Smile 80lbs to lose! Gulp!

Hello!

Im settling in to 3FC now, and thought I would start my own thread!!

Im 25, have 2 girls under 2, and have 80lbs to lose!! My motivation is that when I reach my goal weight, me and my fiance will set a date for our wedding. So hopefully I will be able to think of that at 8pm when I have to go to the gym or when I see the cake aisle in the shop!

I just wondered if there were any other guys/girls out there of a similar age who need to lose a similar amount of weight? I seriously need to be held accountable for my actions, so shall be reporting back here (and my 3FC Blog) each week.

Any advice/tips/pep talks shall be gratefully recieved, and in turn I shall share my experiences and things I learn along the way.

Good luck everyone

xxx
Fat2thin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5"6

Hey! Welcome to 3FC! I don't have any kids, but we are otherwise the same person! 5 "6, 25, and 80 lbs to lose till goal!

I started my journey on new Year's Day (ugh, so cliche, I know!) and have lost 37 lbs to date! I did it by focusing on just losing the very NEXT pound! Sometimes I get caught up worrying about goal, but that's future Sarah's problem! Just take it day by day and one day, that scale will settle on your goal weight! Weight loss truly is a journey of thousands of little steps that all add up to something great!

Personally, I calorie count. I've averaged about 1500 a day since January and I work out 6 times in a good week, 3 times in a low week. The calories have by far been more important than the workouts!

Good luck and you can do this! And remember- I know you will feel busy with the wee ones but it's important to prioritize YOU!!!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #3  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Have you decided upon a plan yet? My biggest piece of advice would be to have a plan before you start, and then work that plan. It doesn't always have to be the same plan. Mine has certainly changed over time. But in the past when I did not have a plan, I did not lose weight. I had nothing to "stick" to. I would just wing it and intend upon "watching what I ate" on a particular day. It was very easy to fall off the wagon that way. Its much easier to remain accountable when you have a concrete plan in hand.

Having said that, your next question is probably "which plan is right for me?" That's what you have to figure out. There are MANY plans that will work for you. The right one is the one you will be able to stick with long term. For me, a low carb / calorie diet has worked.

Finally, the best way I can inspire you to realize that you can do this is by saying that if I can do it, anybody can. It seems daunting at first, but just take it day by day. Don't look at it as losing 80 pounds. Just focus on smaller, short term goals like 5 or 10 pounds. Each time you meet one of those 5 or 10 pound goals will be like winning another battle in the war. Before you know it, you'll have that 80 pounds off. And along the way, you'll feel better about yourself as your progress.

You will find all the support, encouragement, advice and help you want here at 3FC. I guarantee that!
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Hey and welcome to 3FC.

I am a 25 year old UK chick myself and I have lost 80lbs+ over the last year or so - it can definitely be done!

As for a piece of advice, quite simply, don't give up. If you over indulge or go off plan, that's OK. Just get back on it!

And don't make any unsustainable changes, for me weightloss has not been a diet but a complete lifestyle overhaul. I think that is the key to sustainable weightloss, or at least it is from what I have learned and read about. Put simply, don't think of weightloss as a short term thing, you need to change your habits for life.

Best of luck with your journey. 3FC really is a great place, so I hope it helps to keep you accountable and suitably motivated. It has definitely been a huge help to me over the past year.

Last edited by 1987; 05-17-2013 at 05:36 PM.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote