Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 12:33 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Lightbulb Weekly goals June 1+

Thought I would build on Aradia's idea and start a new weekly mini goal thread.

This week's self challenges:

Stay within points range
Keep my exercise schedule in place -I usually am gung ho the 1st week then start to slack off
Try not to get stressed at work or find better ways of dealing with it
Old 06-02-2003, 12:38 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good plan!

This week:

- continue to stick to my new South Beach Diet (it's going really well... on my fourth day)
- according to my pedometer chart, this week I have to walk a minimum of 3000 steps on at least 5 days
Old 06-02-2003, 03:03 PM   #3  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I have a simple goal this week - to do a **** of a lot better then last week. I dined out everyday last week,at least once a day, and didn't go on any walks. And gained 5 pounds.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:46 AM   #4  

Well, it is Wednesday and I am still exercising daily-so far so good
Old 06-04-2003, 11:06 AM   #5  

Day six of my diet. I'm actually still on it! Haven't cheated. And my pedometer chart is nicely filled in with good numbers.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:38 PM   #6  

I'm on day one of South Beach so one of my goals is to stick with it! So far I think I can, I think I can...

And the other goal (better not make too many!) is like Ellis to keep on walking with my pal the pedometer.

Lidian
Old 06-05-2003, 08:12 AM   #7  

Way to go Ellis

Good luck Lidian
Old 06-05-2003, 10:26 AM   #8  

Thanks Mauvais, I am following Ellis' wonderful example! And congrats to you for all that early morning exercise! Awesome indeed! (I wish I could follow YOUR equally excellent lead but I am a lazy old crab early in the morning) (Sometimes I am all day!)

Lidian
Old 06-05-2003, 05:20 PM   #9  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

It is probably just a coincidence, since I haven't been doing a few things, but does anyone notice a difference with weight loss when you are or aren't taking daily vitamins? I just take a multi vitamin, a calcium supplement, B6 & B12.

It seems to go much better when I am taking them everyday, like I used to. The last few weeks, I have been forgetting, and it just doesn't seem to be going as well.

That of course doesn't include the week where I just pigged out all week. Nothing would have helped me then.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:24 AM   #10  

Well, it is now Friday and I have managed to not stress out too much at work this week and managed to exercise every day I have not stayed within my points every day range though
Old 06-06-2003, 01:14 PM   #11  

I didn't last on South Beach, alas - very low carb is just not for me at all...but I did a load of walking every day, and lots of water/Crystal Light.

Lidian
Old 06-08-2003, 10:32 AM   #12  

very low-carb doesn't work for me, either, because i HAVE to have my fruits and veggies (all kinds!) or i'd go insane, and also i don't think i'm active enough to make a high-protein diet healthy for me.

i'm just trying to keep my total calories below 1500 (preferably around 1250), and eat low-fat, low-cal, high-nutrition whenever i can. it's worked pretty well this week. but i have to be constantly prepared with snacks and easy, healthy one-person meals because otherwise i am STARVING and liable to scarf anyfreakingthing.

this week, i will definitely try to stick to the lower part of the 1200's (i have been creeping up into the 1300's) and stock up on high-water-content veggies to munch to my heart's content, like cukes, peppers, lettuce, spinach... i have a HUGE salad with really good balsamic vinegar on it and i feel like i've eaten a lot but it's less than 100 calories! amazing. (wonder if that's what volumetrics is about?)
i will also definitely do some exercise every day, and at least twice i will make it outside for a 20-30 min. walk/jog thing even though it's boring and exhausting and embarassing. my icon is really what i look like out there, all red-faced and flabby bouncing away in my workout clothes. but at least i'm doing something and not sitting around feeling sorry for myself for how fat i am, right??

your support rocks, ladies. thanks.

--gypsy
195/1703fc/166/130
Old 06-08-2003, 05:57 PM   #13  

Yay, girls!!! You're all doing so well!!

I made the most disgusting thingys this morning. They're from a recipe in the South Beach Diet book. A whole packet of frozen spinach, 3/4 cup of egg substitute, 1/4 cup of spring onions, 1/4 cup of green pepper, and 3/4 cup of low fat cheese. Makes 6 little breakfast "muffins". Disgusting. I've never tasted anything so damned healthy in my LIFE! blah!! On the other hand, I DO feel like Popeye!
Old 06-09-2003, 09:25 AM   #14  

This week's goal is to drink my water-I haven't been doing to well with this lately.

I bought 2 giant mugs that hold 32 ounces and I am going to try to drink 2 mugs per day at work
Old 06-09-2003, 10:14 AM   #15  

Day 11 of my diet. I haven't eaten anything that's not on the plan, but I've been overeating the stuff that I CAN have. Too many pistachios. And I've been doubling my helping of dessert.

So this week my goal is to stick to the plan...
Closed Thread