Old 05-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default In between Challenges-Mixed CHAT Thread-Week 6 (05/13-05/19)

Hello gang!

Here we are week 6- and heading into the start of the Spring into Action Challenge.

I am waiting on weights from 2 people (Narnia99 & indigurl)- sorry to call you out- but I'm hoping to announce teams ASAP.

We will continue with the mixed threads until Saturday or Sunday where we will split into our individual team chat, exercise & nutrition threads.

Any questions- please let me know.

Have a great on-plan day all!

Mel
Old 05-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #2  

Thanks for organizing all the teams and doing all the in between chats Mel....you rock!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #3  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Thanks Mel for helping us all here on 3fc !!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #4  

It will be nice to be back into the routine. I've been off my game a bit this summer, had a little trouble with one of my artificial knees that spooked me. For a while we thought I would need to have it replaced again but it looks like it is just some scar tissue built up. After having some bone scans it was determined that it looks good and healthy and secure. So I’m back to my walking and climbing stairs for exercise.

There really is a lot of work put into one of these challenges and it really is appreciated. Thank you, Mel, BigMid and LeslieB.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #5  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

No running for me for 2-3 weeks. I could be a lot worse, but I'm still bummed about a forced break. Basically my fibula is "locked" into place on my tibia, so I'm not getting the full range of motion, which causes the ankle pain. Hopefully a few weeks off from running and some PT will get the joint to open back up.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #6  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Bummer, Nikel.
I tried to run today, too, and my body said NO. My left hip flexor and right hamstrings just did not want to play today. I got a decent walk in, but I really wanted to run. I'm super busy tomorrow - I'll be lucky if I can squeeze in 20 minutes of yoga. I'll leave the house at 820am, and won't get home til almost 10pm.

Oh well, time for bed. Long day tomorrow.

Let's have a great week, everyone!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #7  

Nikel- what happened? Was this from the half in the rain or something more recent. Can you continue to swim or is a break from all activity? Sounds nasty either way. Hope the PT helps.

Riddy- it's tough when your mind says one thing and your body says another. IT's so hard to get them to cooperate!

E- glad your knee is doing well. What option did they give you with the scar tissue- do you get it removed?

Did a run after dd soccer game tonight- body said yes- mind was saying no.

I'm heading to bed, but had to watch Chris Hadfield's return from space.

See you tomorrow gang!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #8  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Yes, much thanks Mel for keeping this ball rolling, and to LeslieB and BigMid for supporting us all through this challenge. Good to see you too Dumplin - looks like Onderland is exactly the same distance away for us - here's to crossing over - better yet - during the Spring Challenge!!! Another 2 lbs down, at 215 to start, the lowest I've been in years. So glad to be here with you all
Old 05-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #9  
Nicole

She said it's probably just from all the impact my body has taken lately. 3 half marathons in 9 weeks is a lot of miles. I'm still allowed to swim. She also suggested yoga. I'm registered for a 10K in 12 days. I probably won't decide what to do until the last minute. If my ankle feels better, I'll do it and take it easy. If my ankle isn't feeling better, I'll go pick up the shirt and cheer on my friends.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10

my SW 213.2
incase you didnt have it!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #11  

Riddy, So sorry to hear about your hip but listen to your body, better to let it dictate what it needs instead of pushing through and causing issues.

Mel, I'm in a wait and see mode right now. I moved from AZ to TX shortly after the replacements so the Dr. I'm seeing isn't the same surgeon that replaced them. So my first move was to get myself established with a local Orthopedic Surgeon. He said he will be happy to work with me and the next time it happens to come in and he will give me a shot for the pain. Of course he isn’t listening to me saying that it won’t allow me to walk when it slips because right now I’m walking just fine. I will just have to wait until the next time and head directly to his office so he can see for himself when I can’t straighten out my knee that a shot isn’t going to realign everything but the first step was to establish myself with a local Dr. Meanwhile, I’m moving just fine and walking and hiking up and down the stairs … with a death grip on the rail but I’m not going to let it stop me.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #12  

Hi all-
I have just posted the teams for the Spring Into Action Challenge.

The list can be found HERE

Spread the word.

We'll continue the mixed chat until Sunday the 19th the first official day of the challenge.

Any questions- let any of the leaders know.

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #13  
Nicole

Yay new challenge!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #14  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Yeah Blue Team ! Thanks to LeslieB and BigMid our leaders for taking on this project in helping us all to a healthier lifestyle . HELLO my friend Doragone in Oregon ! Great to see ya on the Blue Team again . Yes , we are both running almost side my side in weight . I definely hope we can both hit onderland together in this challenge. Good Luck to all my team members !
Old 05-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #15  

Morning everyone well were heading into the May long weekend here and it's supposed to be rainy. So I'm sitting out in the sun right now soaking up a little warmth before heading to work.....which is in less than an hour so should get my butt in gear. This is just so nice listening to the birds drinking my morning coffee. So nice......then reality hits:-)

Looking forward to the new challenge and getting to know all our new members and catching up with the regulars.

Have a great day everyone.