Old 05-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 284/259/155

Height: 5'6"

Default 1st Weigh-In

Had my first weigh-in and I am down 12.8 pounds! I was really surprised because other than the whole process of going into ketosis it has been pretty easy. I have noticed that if I go more than 3 1/2 hours without eating (outside of sleeping) I get a horrible headache so I am trying to be more consistent there.

My only question right now is...what if I can't get four cups of vegetables down? I am so full all the time and pushing beyond two cups a day is painful. Any one else have this problem and should I be concerned?
thewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewife View Post
Had my first weigh-in and I am down 12.8 pounds! I was really surprised because other than the whole process of going into ketosis it has been pretty easy. I have noticed that if I go more than 3 1/2 hours without eating (outside of sleeping) I get a horrible headache so I am trying to be more consistent there.

My only question right now is...what if I can't get four cups of vegetables down? I am so full all the time and pushing beyond two cups a day is painful. Any one else have this problem and should I be concerned?
It happens. There are a couple of things you can do:

- try having a cup of spinach in a smoothie with the chocolate shake for breakfast. Blend it all really well, it will look a little weird but you can't taste the spinach.

- Steam your veggies, or puree them (and add to soups, or use as a "gravy" or "sauce") to reduce the volume. Veggies should be measured raw, so cooking and/or pureeing will give you less volume but you'll still be eating the full amount.

- Have some of your veggies as a snack during the day. I did this a lot - had 1 cup of veggies as a snack, 1 cup with my lunch, and 2 cups at dinner. When you eat the food matters a LOT less than making sure you get it all in, so if splitting it up over the course of the day works better with your belly, go for it.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Great first WI

The purees thread saved me the first few weeks. Now though I seem to have only the odd day that I have trouble getting the 4 cups in. When I make the turnip fries I have trouble stopping at my 2 cups.
Mother of the Groom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/396/175

Height: 5'8"

Another vote for throwing some spinach in your chocolate drink , Its my saving grace some days !!

Awesome W1 btw !!
CaperTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Woohoo! Congrats to you! Great WI
Mysticaldreamzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Great job!!!!
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote