South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGI FRIDAY!!! SBD Daily for 5/3

Good morning! It's FRIDAY, the sun is shining, and it's the start of my 3-day weekend.

Jake and I are taking Dad out to breakfast and then shopping at the Reading outlets this morning. He's lost a lot of weight in the last year and could really use some new pants that fit, so we've finally persuaded him to get some new ones. I did take him out last week, but his heart just wasn't in it and I'm hoping we have a better go at it today, especially since Jake is coming along, too. I need to get groceries at some point, and I'm hoping to get some geraniums planted in my pots for the front steps over the weekend.

So how's everyone day shaping up?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Linda and chicks to follow. I hope it goes well today. I remember after my grandpa died, my grandma enjoyed being taken out to lunch. She loved BK's Whoppers or a really good Reuben. She was a great cook and those were her treats lol

Very excited to be getting a trailer hitch installed on my car. Then off to my local bike shop to pick up my new bike carrier. Later Harriman State Park for a ride. Then I'll clean and such. I did plant a couple of veggies yesterday and finally got my front beds weeded. Oh how I love my days off.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Strange but it's Friday here too. Cottage, enjoy the breakfast and outing with your two men. Good idea to take Jake along for shopping - maybe he'll be able to help your Dad make a decision re new pants.

We also have a string of glorious days ahead with highs close to 80º. I definitely need to get some summer clothes out. I've been living in gardening stuff the past two days.

My rickety old body is really complaining today so I am skipping gym in favour of some Aleve and coffee. I do have to be at the Township Office for nine to pick up a grant cheque for the Mill. I also need to work more on an anomaly in the payroll deductions but then the day is all mine. I bought some new perennials on Wednesday and want to get them planted in my front garden. Tomorrow I have to be in Ottawa for the Quilters AGM which really annoys me so I need to get that planting done today.

Very definitely Spring here! And the 15-day forecast shows sun and above normal temps right through. I see a lot of Aleve and grubby garden clothes laundries in my future - and I love it!

Enjoy!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I hate it when you hit a back space, and it goes back in your history. My post is gone!

Anyway, got a walk in (didn't plan to...wanted a morning off...but woke up anyway, then felt guilty the doggage would be in doggy prison all day so we went anyways...), and my friend just cancelled our breakfast/garage sale-ing date today. Sigh. Guess I have to make my own breakfast (stomps feet) and find garage sales on my own! I have lots of other niggles to do, I'm sure work at 1 pm will arrive quickly.

For the next 10 minutes though, just coffee, quiet, and sunshine.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another day in the land of crazy Comcast is coming to move the internet/phone to the new house. They seem to think it will be easy but there's never been a line there so we will see. I was going to work and leave the BF to deal, but I can't be without services at this point in the session so I'm going to be there just to make sure if they can't get it on there they leave it on here. Speaking of the session, legislators insist they will be done the 11th so everyone is in high gear. And then there's moving. oh yeah, and the MG walk tomorrow. I need a break, but the first real one may be in early June. Well, at least the sun is out and it is completely spring in New England, doesn't get much better than this.

Happy Friday
Old 05-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Well those darn meteorologists were right - we got snow in May! Not a lot stuck, but it came down for a while last night and is still on the ground this morning.

I'm off for my Friday workout with mom and trainer, with errand running on the way home. Today DH and I will purchase travel insurance for our summer trip; we make the final cruise payment this weekend and the final land payment later this week. Ouch.

We are babysitting two of our three young nephews overnight; 8 and 6, I think. There big brother has some scouting thing but I wonder if that will get cancelled because of the weather.

Oh, and I forgot to get last night's dinner started in the crockpot! I hate when I do that. The recipe already has me cooking it on high so no way to speed things up if I space things off.

Have a great Friday.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cold wet rainy day here, we missed the snow that Karen got. I am so glad it's Friday as well, my allergies are still in high gear. This is the second week of the scale staying the same, I may need to tweak things a bit or kick up the exercise a notch to get it going again.

Tomorrow we are having leader training for the Awana program, I plan to stick to my guns and not get stuck with a director position. I love helping out but between work and home I already have enough planning activities to do without adding more to my bucket. I like being able to show up and assist.

I hope everyone enjoys their day whether they are working or having fun or running errands

Last edited by Pearlrose; 05-03-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!
Mornings have just not been working for me here and I really miss y'all!

I'm back from a full day in Denver and still have loads of wonderful veggies to wash and put away before I can really sit. I'm supposed to go to a meeting at 7 o'clock tonight we shall see... I have to be to work at 5:30 tomorrow morning so am pretty sure I won't get to say an early hi tomorrow either.

The good news is I've been staying on plan and trying to get a 20 minute workout done in the mornings,too.

Happy Friday be it a bit late!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. No time for personals, as I'm at work, but I just wanted to say hello.

I'm on Day 3 of the 30 day squat challenge. So far so good!!! Gotta run!!!
Closed Thread