Old 05-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #1  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Red face The "Talk" next week

So next week I finally get the nurse I like at my clinic so we are going to have a talk. (not that I don't like the other nurse, this one is just easier to talk to)

I am quiting my job to stay home with my kids May 24th. My whole family (parent and siblings) are going to Disney for 2 weeks in June. I want to start phasing off in June so when I go to Disney I am at least on Phase 2 and can do a mostly regular lunch and dinner.

After that I probably will not go back to the clinic and do alternatives, mostly because of the cost. We could probably still afford it with me not working BUT I want to save what money I can for the kids to do extra things.

I have 22 lb I want to lose, but could lose more.... once I get there I will decide.

I know I can do it on my own, I have the tools and my husband has done all the phases. Plus with this board how could I go wrong?
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #2  

This is so exciting for you! I have watched your success since I got to this board, and am so happy for you. It sounds like others have done well phasing off for vacation. I have no doubt that you will do well coming back and doing it on your own.

Good luck with your talk! Just think how much more fun Disney will be with all the walking with that weight off you!
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #3  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Good luck with the "talk", calisto! I'm jealous that you are going to Disney--that place is such fun! We haven't been there in years, but I would love to go back sometime.

We are in the same boat. I told my coach today that I am having a "girls weekend" May 18-20 with a couple of friends from school, and want to have the flexibility to eat sort of normal for the weeknd. So I am doing Phase 1 this week and Phase 2 next week to prepare.
After that, I plan on going back to Phase 1 for at least awhile. But like you, I am considering not going back to the clinic and doing it with alternatives. Also like you, I'd love to lose 20 more lbs, but I really think I can do this on my own--with the support of this forum, of course!
tam67green is offline   Reply With Quote