Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #1  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*May Chat*~

It's May!!! Time is flying this year!

I had my physical yesterday and two things: 1. my doctor told me I have the blood pressure of an athlete. Talk about being on cloud 9. It felt amazing to have the validation from a Doctor, my doctor, that I'm an athlete. Hey body, catch up. kthx. 2. Apparently when I fell riding my ride 9 months ago (first time clipped in) I fractured my tibia. I knew it hurt, and it still hurts, but never thought I broke anything. Apparently I still have a lot of internal swelling, but there's nothing anyone can do. I already have bone calcification from the healing.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #2  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Congrats SMF on being an athlete. How cool do you feel?

I lost .8 at last night's weigh-in. Sure it should have been more but I did eat at Maggiano's, which included red wine and cheesecake.

I have completed my first month of Weight Watchers and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it. I love how easy it is to track my points and I am becoming much more of a mindful eater, instead of an impulsive one. Even eating out this weekend was planned and I was right back on plan the next morning.

And thank you everyone for being so friendly and supportive. I have loved 3FC for a long time and I really like being a part of this group.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

Well......I only lost .6 this week and I am sooo pissy! I tracked every day! Worked out daily! Only used 9 extra points the entire week! So am I am not eating enough? Grrrrr...next week I hope to lose 2.2, so that will be 10lbs!
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #4  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

Can I just tell you ladies that I just finished submitting my last final paper of my first semester of graduate school, and now I am free to focus on my fitness for the summer! Well, I would feel more free if I wasn't on my way in to work - but still, I'm pretty pumped!!
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielover View Post
Well......I only lost .6 this week and I am sooo pissy! I tracked every day! Worked out daily! Only used 9 extra points the entire week! So am I am not eating enough? Grrrrr...next week I hope to lose 2.2, so that will be 10lbs!
I can't work out, but I walked every day and I tracked every bite. I GAINED this week. Not happy about that!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/tracker/162

Height: 5`3

Hey everybody! I did not have a great WI today. I only lost 0.6 pounds. I used a few WPs, but I walked quite a bit. What is super frustrating is I was really hoping to get into the 200-teens today AND hit my 10%. 220.5 would be my 10% and I was 220.6!! GRRRRR!!! I can't even blame TOM; it came last Wednesday and I had a great WI that day. Super weird.

movielover and MrsD, we will probably have great weigh ins next week! Keep doing what you're doing!

SoMuchFattitude Of course you have the blood pressure of an athlete! You are a badass. You have even been doing all sorts of intense training with a fracture! You are an inspiration to me and I am the LEAST athletic person ever.
geekmadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD2008 View Post
I can't work out, but I walked every day and I tracked every bite. I GAINED this week. Not happy about that!
We got this....

Seriously, maybe we are not eating enough
Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPMOM5 View Post
Can I just tell you ladies that I just finished submitting my last final paper of my first semester of graduate school, and now I am free to focus on my fitness for the summer! Well, I would feel more free if I wasn't on my way in to work - but still, I'm pretty pumped!!
Yay congrats!!! I just emailed my professor my revised last paper of the semester. I have sooo been off the wagon these past couple weeks just trying to get things done and juggle my 7 month old son! I will be done with grad school in Dec. and I can't wait!! Enjoy your summer I have 3ish weeks of freedom before I head back, hopefully I can get back on the wagon and stay that way through the summer :-)
slo2250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #9  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

I weigh in today. I am feeling good. I feel lighter. All that food I made last Sunday has kept me so awesomely OP. Really ladies, if any of you are having problems with going over on points or binging, I really suggest you try freezer meals. They are healthy, and ready fast. Two of my biggest problems. "There is nothing in the house, lets go out for Mexican" or "I am starving now, let me sit here with this cheese and these crackers"
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashlers View Post
I weigh in today. I am feeling good. I feel lighter. All that food I made last Sunday has kept me so awesomely OP. Really ladies, if any of you are having problems with going over on points or binging, I really suggest you try freezer meals. They are healthy, and ready fast. Two of my biggest problems. "There is nothing in the house, lets go out for Mexican" or "I am starving now, let me sit here with this cheese and these crackers"
Freezer meals also work for:
"I don't really feel like cooking",
Or, me to husband: "can you cook tonight, I'm just not interested in it, tired, etc." Husband: "Let's get pizza", etc.
And we're also starting to eat our left overs more often. This not only is cutting down on waste, but it cuts down our grocery bill and gives me nights off from cooking!

I finally got a fresh pineapple. I buy the cut up ones, but the price has gotten significantly higher. So I finally gave in and bought a "real" pineapple. My husband helped me cut it and it's so worth it! Now I do need the PC Pineapple Wedger! Haha

I need ideas on zero point fruits and low point snacks. I'm grocery shopping tomorrow or Saturday and my mind is at a blank for snacks.
What I have in the house already:
-Black grapes
-1 Asian pear
-1 Tangelo
-Bag of Pink Lady Apples
-Celery + Hummus
-Strawberries
-Fresh Pineapple
-Various 2 PP yogurt (no Greek though)
-Fiber Plus Bars for on the go
-Applesauce cups
-Better 'n Peanut Butter
-Cheese sticks
-SK Crackers
-WW Cheese Wedges

I don't like to eat more than 3-4 PP for a snack. Maybe I already have enough? Hahahaha
Old 05-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD2008 View Post
I finally got a fresh pineapple. I buy the cut up ones, but the price has gotten significantly higher. So I finally gave in and bought a "real" pineapple. My husband helped me cut it and it's so worth it! Now I do need the PC Pineapple Wedger! Haha
Can you freeze it? I have always wondered this....
Old 05-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #12  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

movielover they sell frozen pineapple, so I'm sure it would be fine. My mouth started watering thinking about frozen pineapple cubes just now... Lol

I never seem to be able to finish the whole thing before it starts to mold in my fridge.

I lost 1.4 lbs this week!! Yay! Putting me at 254.0, and only 5 lbs away from the 240's and some mini goal action. I just wanna pause and say thanks to all you ladies. You are all always so positive and quick with great advice. I really believe that 3fc, even more than my WW meetings, keeps me on track. So thank you. It's all so amazing to me.

Last edited by smashlers; 05-02-2013 at 12:49 PM.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashlers View Post
movielover they sell frozen pineapple, so I'm sure it would be fine. My mouth started watering thinking about frozen pineapple cubes just now... Lol
This is what I was thinking, but I bet they do some sort of flash freezing, etc.

YES>.....YUM!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #14  
Looking for Zen

S/C/G: 315/267/180

Height: 5' 10"

I am definitely pro-pinapple. I ate a whole one once over the course of the day and the acidity just tore up the inside of my mouth (aka cap'n crunch mouth). Still my favorite.

Today, I had my first cavity ever filled, so we are rocking some veggie soup tonight. Tentatively a grilled cheese. I still can't really feel my face so I'm not sure how it's going to work out.
Jilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilu View Post
I am definitely pro-pinapple. I ate a whole one once over the course of the day and the acidity just tore up the inside of my mouth (aka cap'n crunch mouth). Still my favorite.

Today, I had my first cavity ever filled, so we are rocking some veggie soup tonight. Tentatively a grilled cheese. I still can't really feel my face so I'm not sure how it's going to work out.
Try a smoothie through a straw! I am so glad I haven't had cavities in years, knock on wood!

Pineapple never lasts long enough in my house to mold, it's one of my favorite foods! I've never tried freezing it. I'm sure if you laid it out on a cookie sheet and froze it, then tossed it into a container to keep in the freezer it's be fine. I used to buy a tropical fruit blend frozen and I'd let it defrost, but I would pick out the pineapple and eat just that so it was pointless....