Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 09:07 PM   #1  

Angry new here!!!

hello everyone!!!

I am new to the forum but not so new to WW. I am a mom of 2 from Canada, and I think I have a few pounds to shed!! I would actually like to loose 50 lbs.

I have tried WW a few times in the past and have given up after a week or two. I have been at it this time for 5 days and am beginning to think that this time may be the charm. I feel like I can finally commit to the lifestyle change.I have many sources of motivation, the least of which is a trip that I have planned for late August with my family. I am hoping to be 30 lbs lighter by then.

So far all is going well. I am a little cranky, I admit. I really would love a choclate bar right now. But I know that if I had one, it would be asking for trouble. So I settle for some sugar free Jello!!

Anyway, I am hoping to meet some new friends and share some ideas on how to make this new lifestyle fit.

Hope to hear from some of you!!

Kristie
Old 05-31-2003, 03:17 PM   #2  

Welcome, Kristie! Thats great that you are ready to lose the weight! It's always helpful to have an event in the future as motivation to lose. Is it a big trip that your family is going on? How old are your kids?
I know what you mean about chocolate bars- Although I find if I save the pts for one in the evening it isn't a trigger. I love my chocolate which is part of the reason I will be a WW member for the rest of my life...
How is the weekend treating you? Good luck staying OP!
Old 05-31-2003, 07:54 PM   #3  

Wink hi there!!

It nice to hear from you. My kids are 2.5 & 4.5. Actually, I peeked at your profile and you share my daughter's birthday!!

Congrats on the birth of your first child. Aren't you loving it???Its such a special time, that first year with your wee one. I remember it well.

The trip that we are planning is to a lodge about 3 hours north of where I live. Its kind of an all inclusive thing with lots of kids activities. A total splurge..............but i can't wait. I went on a weeks holiday last year with the family, and I spent the whole week feeling fat and hot and hopeless. I swore up and down that it wouldn't happen again. It was holding me back from doing things with my kids and that hit me like a ton of bricks. So now I am beginning to make changes.

My weekend has been good. I went out for lunch today and ate a big meal,so now I am going very low on the points this evening. I'm not actually that hungry. Do you know where I can find point values for Canadian restaurants?? I tried Dottie's Zone, but no luck.

It was great to hear from you!!

Kristie
Old 06-01-2003, 09:27 PM   #4  

Kristie,
Your kids are totally at the age where it must be fun to do activities together I can't wait! I love the stage my daughter is at, though, and wouldn't trade it for anything! She is growing big so quickly!
Some of the pts for Canadian and US restaurants are the same, what are you looking for? Lots of places have their own sites with Canadian info, such as DQ and McDonald's.
Once again I have ended up taking the weekend off from counting pts- I did make an effort to go for a walk and get lots of veggies in though.
What type of activities do they have at this lodge?
Closed Thread