Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default 30 Day Shred...how do you all DO it?!

I decided, after reading so much about it on the forum here, I decided to give 30DS a try.

....I made it through five minutes. FIVE MINUTES. And then I had to stop. Like, I couldn't *breathe*. How in the **** do you all do it?! I mean, I'm pretty sure I could do it if I took breaks in between, but there is no way I could do everything one right after the other the way she does. I mean, I was half-dead after five minutes!

I'm not gonna lie...I was majorly disappointed. I could *do* all the exercises (even the pushups!) but I just couldn't keep the pace at all.

*sigh* I guess I'm not in half the shape I though I was.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'6

I am in the same boat as you, however I just restarted Level 1 Day 1 today and I did take about a 30 second water break a few times, however, YOU CAN DO IT! I know you may be like 'omg my arms and legs feel like they will fall off' but trust me, that hurt and burn is normal. Not only am I doing the 30DS but I am also working my way through the BeachBabe DVD from the ToneItUP girls Karena and Katrina plus going to the gym for about 30 mins before hand. If you find Jillian extremely annoying and at one point I was getting angry at her because I am like 'shut up' so I just turn the volume off. As for your pace? As long as you are pushing yourself and you are doing each move it doesn't matter if you are at the same pace as Jillian or the other two females. I am not and if you are a beginner like myself, take your time, do not injury yourself.
Ozzie1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/233/shop in "reg" stores

Height: 5' 4

just keep doing it everyday and soon you will notice a change in your endurance and strength. dont worry if you can't go as hard as they do just do your best
gwenaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #4  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I took breaks in between and just kept pushing play. After awhile, you'll notice that you are taking fewer and shorter breaks. I can now do level 1 without stopping (I've switched programs though)
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:245 CW:ticker GW:145

Height: 5'

I know exactly what you mean. The first time I did it I was dying!! I remember doing all those "arm windmills" and all the start up stuff. I was already sweating and out of breath and then Jillian's like " okay, now let's get started..". I was like wtf we haven't started?! Haha I swear it does get easier and many people have had amazing results.
Curvycurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvycurly View Post
I know exactly what you mean. The first time I did it I was dying!! I remember doing all those "arm windmills" and all the start up stuff. I was already sweating and out of breath and then Jillian's like " okay, now let's get started..". I was like wtf we haven't started?! Haha I swear it does get easier and many people have had amazing results.
Haha! I think the same thing happened to me when I first started.

When I first googled the program after doing level 1, there was a few suggestions to start with Level 2 since it was somewhat "easier" to do than Level 1 so I tried it and sure enough, I was able to keep up better than Level 1. Not sure why, psychological maybe?

I echo everyone here just to go at your own pace and keep going until you get the hang of it! I cannot wait to get back to it starting Thursday! I am still trying to decide whether or not to start Level 1 or 2. I just need to get a mp3/ipod of some sort to listen to while doing the video.

Wishing you the best of luck. It is well worth it!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

This is just Jillian Michaels. Just keep on doing it and try to do as much of it as possible. It will give you a great feeling and amazing results in no time. I have been doing her excercises now for 18 months and I am so happy that I started. But the first 6 days I remember I felt like a train ran over me. I could not brush my teeth anymore since the tooth brush was too heavy and I could not get my arms up that high anyways.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: hw157/sw145/145/120

Height: 4'11

Take breaks if you have to! Today was my first day, and I paused it a couple times to catch my breath. I'm also thinking I'll need to stay at level one longer than the ten days, but that's okay, my body needs to dictate the speed! Just keep trying, take as many breaks as you need to, and just go slow. Keep doing it every day and it will get easier, and you'll need less breaks.
SugarDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #9  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

The first time I did it I barely made it through the entire workout. Now I use it as a supplemental workout for when I am crunched for time or what have you. It just takes consistency. Don't quit, but take super short breaks if you need them, and MODIFY! You can do this, and you will be surprised how strong your body gets!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote