Old 04-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Question Starting Out. Any Tips?

Today marks Day 1 for me on Weight Watchers Points Plus. I am doing it at home, without the online plan. I have tried it before but only for a few days at a time, not long enough to see results. I am a college student so eating healthy can be difficult at times, and I do have more limited food options than when I am home for the summer. Do you happen to have any tips to help me stay on track and not get discouraged?

Abbi
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #2  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

Always keep a healthy snack and water bottle with you. That way if you are hungry you will go for that snack and water vs unhealthy option. Veggies are great and even if you use a light dip that is better then the chocolate bar or chips.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #3  
Lorna

S/C/G: 217/Ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Hi GordonGirl16:

I've been back on the WW plan, at home for about 4 weeks now. It worked very well in the past for me, so I'm returning after a few years away. Things have changed so much, but here is what I've been working on...

I've been shooting for 3 meals and 2 snacks per day which is so far working at keeping me satisfied and for the most part away from my WP and completely away from my APs.

Try shooting for your meals around the same times, so your body won't start to nag you, and aim for an average point value to each meal. For example, I have 32 PPD, and usually do about 8 for breakfast, 3 for an AM snack, 8 for lunch, 1 for a PM snack, and about 12 for dinner.

I treat myself each evening from my WPs by using 3 pts on something yummy (my current kick are those mini chocolate pretzels...I take 4 of these for 3 pts).

Also, I add a piece of fruit to each meal (zero points) and that really helps!

Finally, I try earn 4 APs 5 times per week (speed walking with my daughters).

I give myself 2 nights off and indulge in some serious TV/me time...got to catch up on my shows!!!

My weight loss is slow, but its happening, and I'm not miserable. I can do this, and so can you!

Wishing you the very best of luck. Welcome to the journey. Walk with us!

Last edited by Lorna F; 04-30-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Lorna F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/240/220

Height: 6' 3"

I have been on WW PP for 3 months now and have lost 26 lbs (wife 28 lbs). If you follow the plan... you will lose weight. Its hard at first to enter everything in and all that but once you get through the first 2 weeks it gets a lot easier.

I was hungry at first and it got a little annoying adding in the points all the time. Once I got my favorite list together that made a huge difference.

The other thing I learned, keep a lot of fresh fruit and snack veggies in the house. Make them your go to for those hungry times and you will have no problems. Good luck... I am rooting for you!!
thejdubb02 is offline   Reply With Quote