General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Officially single (again) and trying to get back to my happy place

Well, after a few months of back and forth of my ex having everything his way and me trying to convince myself that he was worth it and pretending everything was OK - we finally decided to go our separate ways at the end of January. Kind of mutual, kind of not - but either way, it hurt like ****.

We havent spoken since January 29th (my choice) - no way am I gonna give him the benefit of my friendship when he pretty much played with my heart/feelings/emotions for two years.

So after some weight gain (for the zillionth time), Im trying to get my head together again (for the zillionth time).

How are you all doing?
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #2  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with a break up. I know how hard that can be. The best thing is that you'll feel better in time and during that time you can occupy yourself with diet and exercise! That's what I call a win win. Then if you run into the bum you will feel great!
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Mammasita

I totally support any effort to create boundaries from a person who has a negative impact on your life. Obviously, we can't always control this, but this case, drawing a line and saying friendship won't work seems like a really good, sanity-promoting, act of self-care. You don't need to be jerked around. I hope that you can surround yourself by friends and other people in your life who are positive, supportive, make you want to be your best self. And that you can embrace your own inner awesomeness and reclaim the energy that you had been putting into that relationship into new, life-giving endeavors and your health goals, too.

Also, looking at your profile, I realize we have a lot in common - both in VA, same height, and same starting weight. Except you are about 15 pounds ahead of me in weight loss. Congrats on your progress!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #4  

Height: 5"6

I'm glad to hear you are making positive changes for yourself! I'm sorry you were toyed with, but you know what? You've come out on the other side as a stronger, more confident, more empowered woman and that's something to celebrate. I always find my fitness goals and general life motivation improve following a break up, so cheers to this being a time in your life where you not only put yourself first, but do so on an intense level! You are amazing and I challenge you to do one awesome thing for yourself every single day. I don't even know you but I am proud of you already
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Thank you, I'm about to cry because of the positive words.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #6  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

((HUGS))

Take a good care of yourself. You deserve it! You owe it to yourself.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #7  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back, mammasita!

No major changes here - still fighting the same 6 pounds since November. I'm working on fitness now since the scale is being such a b*}€h.

And I'm still seriously single.

Good on you for deciding to take care of yourself. You deserve it! And he does NOT deserve you!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #8  
Warrior Princess

Hey, welcome back! I was wondering if you would ever come back. Glad to see you again and I hope things get better for you soon. Oh, and f*** him.

Last edited by novangel; 04-28-2013 at 09:12 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote