Old 04-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Default Help!!!!!, I'm about to make changes I might regret

I'm having a really tough time with phase 2. I was comfortable with a drink for breakfast, veggies and 2 oz of protein at lunch, 6oz of protein at supper with my veggies and a ip snack for bedtime snack. Now I'm only supposed to have 2 packets all day, that's one in the morning and I save one for my bedtime snack. That leaves me with some of my lunch protein and veggies for a snack, I am sooooo tired of meat!!!!!! I've been on phase 2 for 6 days and was planning on 9 or 10 days then phase 3. The way I see it I have a couple of choices, go to phase 3 even earlier and my thinking is that I will be fuller in the morning so it would be easier to eat my lunch later and not need a snack(see I don't get to eat supper till 6)and save my ip packet for bedtime. Or I could "adjust my food intake and add a non ip snack such as almonds or cheese in the afternoon. Or I could stay with phase 1 a few more days and then do phase 3. However I think I might have the same problem. Any feedback would be great. What would be the worst case scenario if I shortened both phases?
ABue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #2  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

You can shortened or skip P2 but you need to do the full P3 in terms of the complete breakfast. If 2 meals of protein are too much for you then I would suggest doing 5-6 oz each instead of 8 and/or trying a packet for the occasional lunch. I wouldn't do lunch as a packet every day as you need to increase calories too.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #3  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

I did 1 week (really, only 5 or 6 days) of P2, then started P3 this past Saturday. For me, the P3 breakfast is so filling that I am eating my lunch later in the day and am not at all hungry for a snack between lunch and dinner. I have dinner at 6.30 or 7.

I was worried that if I skipped P2 and went straight from 3 IP foods per day in P1 to just 1 IP food in P3 that I would be hungry and wouldn't be able to handle it. Not the case at all! I can barely finish the P3 breakfast!
pocahontas812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 148.5 / 135/125

Height: 5'4 1/2

I am about to start p2 maybe next week. Even on p1 I am still hungry by 10 pm if I'm still up. I have all my 7-8 oz of meat spilt up noon and evening , all my veggies and my 3 ip meals are split up for snacks . I'm still hungry. I'm ready for p3! I have only been on this for 1 month. Have lost 12 lbs and over 10 inches. Confused on what to do for next phases also.
marslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Phase 2 was my least favorite as well... If you are really sick of meat, can you do hardboiled eggs? A spinach salad with HB eggs, mushrooms etc or just HB eggs and your chosen veggie... Phase 2 is really about weaning yourself from packets and increasing the calorie count (although 2 HB is really not too different from a packet calorically speaking...
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABue1 View Post
I'm having a really tough time with phase 2. I was comfortable with a drink for breakfast, veggies and 2 oz of protein at lunch, 6oz of protein at supper with my veggies and a ip snack for bedtime snack. Now I'm only supposed to have 2 packets all day, that's one in the morning and I save one for my bedtime snack. That leaves me with some of my lunch protein and veggies for a snack, I am sooooo tired of meat!!!!!! I've been on phase 2 for 6 days and was planning on 9 or 10 days then phase 3. The way I see it I have a couple of choices, go to phase 3 even earlier and my thinking is that I will be fuller in the morning so it would be easier to eat my lunch later and not need a snack(see I don't get to eat supper till 6)and save my ip packet for bedtime. Or I could "adjust my food intake and add a non ip snack such as almonds or cheese in the afternoon. Or I could stay with phase 1 a few more days and then do phase 3. However I think I might have the same problem. Any feedback would be great. What would be the worst case scenario if I shortened both phases?

You can't add in almonds or cheese until maintenance, though you could have a couple of ounces of tuna or chicken on a lettuce wrap as a snack at some point during the day. Remember that in P2 AND P3 you are still doing the P1 dinner meals for lunch and dinner, nothing else is added after breakfast.

When I did P2, 8oz of meat protein was too much for me twice a day, so I cut it back to 6oz per meal. That seemed to help. I also did P2 for only a week, at the end of the first week my digestive system was tolerating the extra protein well and mentally I felt ready to move on - you do have a little of that flexibility with P2. P3, however has to be 2 weeks so don't look at shortening that phase. Use the time to plan ahead for how you will handle maintenance!

Good luck!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote