Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #1  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

Default Getting Rid of Upper Arm Jiggle - Swimming?

Does anyone know any workouts that I can do to tone up my upper arms? I was thinking swimming in my apartment's pool would be helpful, but I've never actually swam before and am not sure what movements would help me tone my arms. Any at home workouts would also be helpful. I have 2 five-pound weights that I have been using, but am also unsure how to appropriately use them to have an effect. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #2  
They call me Nunu!

Height: 170 cms/ 5’7

Jillian Michaels`s DVD are known for toning your arms...
FiftyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/264/200

Height: 5'10"

I have swum in the past, although I'm not doing it now. The freestyle stroke is good for toning muscle, but unless your apartment has a large pool it's going to be hard to do enough laps to do much good. Typically, a lap pool is about 25 meters/yards long, and that's all deep enough to swim in. You could do resistance training in the pool, though. It can be good exercise if you do it right. Great for a hot day, too. You'll need to buy some foam barbells, but they're not that expensive. I'm betting that a bit of internet searching would show you some basic moves to get you started. Good luck!
DianeM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #4  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

I lost 3.5in off each upper arm doing Slim in 6. It's a great workout for beginners, which I was in every sense of the word. I'm doing New Rules of Lifting for Women now, and my arms are becoming straight up sexy. I never, ever imagined getting these results. I never thought
I would wear tank tops ever again. I am so darn excited.
If you aren't looking for a program, I recommend push ups and planks. Can't beat either for both arms and core. There are awesome exercises you can do with a Swiss ball - look on YouTube.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote