Old 04-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #1  

Default 20-something single mamas?!

I looked through the support groups and didn't see a support group dedicated to young single moms! Well, if any of you are out there, lets get together and see what we can do!

Lets start with, name, diet/fitness plan, Kiddo's, and goals..and go from there!

I'm Taryn, right now I haven't started to think about a fitness plan, as today is my first day on my new "diet"...I'm just sticking to healthy foods & replacing 1 meal a day with the Lauren Conrad Smoothie recipe I found on pinterest (and let me tell ya, it's delicious!). I'm also making sure I get my recommended daily amount of water...which is so hard for me, because I'm seriously hooked on energy drinks :/ . My daughter, Harley, just turned 1 in february, so I'm pretty busy with her and work most of the time. My goal, main number one goal: to wear a bikini for the first time EVER!

Hope to hear from you ladies soon!
-Taryn
CountryGirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #2  
Woo
Slowly Shrinking..

S/C/G: 111/105/70

Height: 158cm

Hey Taryn, No Single Mama but all my friends have kiddies (Well most of them) So if you need a support person, then Im more than happy to chat to you about everything. Im on my now 5 week of my Diet (lifestyle change)
Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/184/144

Height: 5'6

hello

Newly single mom here. I have a 7 week old baby boy named Max. His dad ended things with me right before he was born and I have been a wreck. I thought starting this weight loss journey and working towards a goal would help me take my mind off of things and feel a little better. About 4 years ago (has it been that long?) I lost 100 pounds with the help of this site. Gonna be a little harder this time with no free time to go to a gym. I do calorie counting and tend to get a little obsessive with it. My goal is to fit in this red Ralph Lauren dress i bought on clearance years ago buy never wore
ape85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Not single but welcome and amazed at your dedication!!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #5  
Hot Momma

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5 ft

Default hi

I'm the mother to a 7 yr old, very energetic little girl. Um....I"m sorta winging it in terms of dieting. I don't calorie count. I tried that before and I hated it. Now I'm doing more portion control, less processed food. More fruits/veggies. No more eating out. I pack my breakfast (which is usually oatmeal or cereal) and my lunch (usually a sandwich and fruit). I have been exercising more. I realize that the more conventional exercise routines bore me, so I been doing lots of Zumba and Soca. Dance stuff where it doesn't feel like working out. I will reevaluate my exercise plans to include more weight lifting once I stop shaking the whole house when I jump up and down :-).

My goal? Hmmm. I've always been overweight. So I guess I look forward to wearing cute clothes they make for thinner people. I've never worn a top outside that was sleeveless because I am so self conscious about how big my arms are. It'd be nice to wear a tank top or tube stop and feel sexy. I really like skirts, so it'd be nice to wear a skirt above the knee for once and feel pretty hot.
ksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #6  
Keep on Walkin'

S/C/G: 320/*Ticker*/130

Height: 5'6"

I'm Laura. I am a newly single momma of 2 and a full time nursing student. My son will be 7 in July and my daughter will be 5 in July. I am just getting back into the swing of things....was married to a very emotionally abusive husband and I gained a lot of weight (and I wasn't tiny before! lol). I am counting calories and getting back into a gluten free diet as my body just seems to function better on that. Right now I'm just walking everyday, but I have been adding in some Zumba. My goal is to just feel healthy and keep up with my kids. I dont want to have to worry about if I'm going to fit. Just want to be happy in my own skin.
NiftyTink is offline   Reply With Quote