Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #1  

Default Prom in a month, need to slim:)

Hey everyone!
So my prom is In One month and I need to lose belly fat quick!!
I'm healthy, work out, blah blah. I weight 130 and am 5 foot 3.
Super hard to lose belly fat but I wanna look great I'm my dress because
I am spending $600 on it! (Yikes, don't ask what I was thinking ha)
So help?(:
Youngwildnginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 109.8/107.6/105

Height: 5'2"

Since you're quite little anyway, it will be more difficult to lose a lot of weight that it would be for someone larger. So one month is a very short time! Are you tracking everything that you eat? How much are you working out? Only cardio, or strength training too?
flexichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Too short of notice to lose any real fat, and it's a bit pointless to diet for an event (unless you're committed to the changes made the weight usually piles back on, very quickly, and with a few additional pounds too!).

I'd recommend shapewear instead - given the cost of the dress a nice corset wouldn't be an unreasonable spend, especially a waist cincher (they're very inexpensive to construct, as far as corsets go). That will give you the silhouette without a crash diet.

If you must diet, go low carb until after the event. That will cut out water weight, bloat, and should burn a fair bit of fat, too. But unless you continue after prom it WILL spring right back on with resuming your current intake. That's why I recommend it far less than just using a garment to get your belly tight.

Other solutions would be heavy weight lifting, in general. But a month is too short a time (by far!) to see any big results and the real benefit of lifting is over the long term. Maintain a regimen with heavy weight and after six months or a year the differences in your shape will be remarkable. If you already work out, as your post indicates, then I'd highly recommend focusing on strength as opposed to cardio if a tight body is your desire.

A month, though, is really too little time for any reasonable solution (other than buying a dress that fits and flatters your body as it is right now ).

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 04-11-2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #4  

I'm with Taryl - some nice shapewear goes a long way, and since you only have a month, going the diet/exercise route doesn't seem like it'd do what you're looking for.
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:20 AM   #5  

I never even thought if shape wear! I'll try to find some thanks!(: and yes I want to keep it off, I work out 3-4 days a week (due to having work and classes) but I do zumba and strength. I will try more lifting(: I have an app that tracks what I eat, and the past week have lowered carb a lot (didn't realize I was so bad!!) thanks for all your help guys!(: love this site!(:
Old 04-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #6  
Back with a story

Good luck!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #7  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Taryl, What do you think about t-tapp? Might help her?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #8  

What is t-tapp?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #9  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I agree with the shapewear advice. I love my Spanx that go from my thighs to my ribs.

Also, I suggest doing dance moves that involve twisting at the waist, a variety of crunches, and stretches that focus on the core muscles. None of these are likely to make a huge difference, but I know I feel thinner in my waist when I've focused on it in exercise -- and that's feeling is enough to make me feel more confident.

I'm sure that you'll look lovely!

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 04-11-2013 at 11:51 AM.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #10  
Back with a story

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
Taryl, What do you think about t-tapp? Might help her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngwildnginger View Post
What is t-tapp?
It's possible she could do a boot camp (two weeks) and see some marked differences in her waist.

TTAP is an excellent workout system that using body weight bearing exercises done in specific sequence with linear alignment (to protect joints and exercise the full range of the muscle, rather than a partial contraction of it) to strengthen your body. It is my absolute favorite workout I've used and I'm a lifetime devotee now, as it nets results in both feeling good AND inch loss at a rate that's hard to match.

The DVDs are a little spendy unless you have your own job or your parents are on board, but Teresa Tapp (the creator) has out a fair number of the exercises on YouTube, for folks to try out.

Moves like half frogs, hoedowns, and thread-the-needle will all tighten your abs quickly and dramatically. Ideally you want the Basic Workout DVD and Total Workout DVD to begin with, and it looks like the website's April special has those for a discount: https://store.t-tapp.com/news/57/Apr...-Specials.html

Google "Ttap workout review" for more info from users, but I swear by it and lost two pants sizes in a little over a month, even though my weight didn't change.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 04-11-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Typo fixed